PC2 or PC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
    My opinion is the GC run is just a Dinky with a PC neck.
    IIRC, the hang tags said "PC2", so your opinion may not matter.

Comment

They all said Custom Shop on the headstock. The pups are a JB and 2 stk-s1

I never saw an actual "Jackson" hang tag on one, just the tag that GC put on the used one I tried out. It just said Custom Shop Jackson Dinky.

Did a little more digging in Archive.org and found some better pics.
      Apparently there were only 80 made. And to quote the statement from Jackson at the time...
      "We made those for Guitar Center back in 97 I think it was. We made like 80 of them. They weren't true custom shop pieces but Guitar Center wanted the logo on there. The pups are a JB and 2 stk-s1. it's essentially a pc1 with out the sustainer and the trem."
      Here is the GC "PC2"

Here's a bigger pic of the prototype... guess it did have a Wilky.... was hard to see in the other pic. Ugly som'bitch.
      Last edited by rjohnstone; 11-10-2006, 12:23 AM.
      -Rick

Comment

Greetings, all. I'mnew to the Jackson party and this site but am not new to guitars of all stripesand flavors... I've been playing since 1970, have owned well north of 100guitars at one point or another, and have played thousands. I bought a PC2 from the original ownerearlier this year, and while I can't say how it compares to Jacksons ingeneral, I can say that it is a beautifully made instrument in allrespects. The only part of the guitarthat has a gloss finish is the face of the headstock... everything else is likea gun oil finish, and the neck has that worn-in baseball glove sort of feelafter 20 years of playing. I have noidea where the POS rep comes for these... this is a thoroughly professionalguitar that plays and sounds great. Italked to Jackson customer support and was told that the current ownershipdoesn't have records from that period, but the serial number places it in theera referred to in earlier posts in this thread. Best advice I can give this crowd is to giveone a try if you ever have the chance... if you can get past the headstock(yeah, it's ugly) these are very nice guitars that feel comparable to other USmade shredbeasts of the era.

Comment

Working...
        X