Slatqh vs. Sl2h-Mah...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slatqh vs. Sl2h-Mah...

Anyone know what the difference is between these two guitars?

slatqh - archtop with a quilted maple, 22 frets, string thru
    sl2h - 24 frets, ofr

these are the first to come to my mind...
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I know the Slatqh has a much thicker maple top. Does it make much of a difference in the tone? It shouldn't since it's a neck-thru and the mahagony neck-thru should dictate the sound.

Comment

Anything you do to a guitar affects the tone... The thicker maple top will help, in my opinion...
        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Typically, a maple top will add brightness to the tone, and can also sometimes help to tighten up the low end.

Comment

So are these basically the same guitar with one having a thicker maple cap?

Comment

Whelp, the slatqh will have a sting through tail (fixed bridge) and the sl2h-mah will have a floyd. And yes, a thicker maple cap will have an effect on the tone. Rupe is 100% correct about a maple top adding brightness to the tone/tightening up the low end. But let me say, my sl2h-mah is plenty bright/tight for my taste. It bites and stings a lot like my LPC.

Comment

Isn't it funny how the "resources" section actually answers some of these informational questions? Detailed specs for both models here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/c...age46Super.jpg

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/c...age47Super.jpg

:P

Comment

Oh . . . NextInLine covered the major differences between the 2. Sorry for stepping on any toes

Comment

Originally posted by Jack71
                    So are these basically the same guitar with one having a thicker maple cap?
                    The maple cap is carved into an arch on the SLATQH. Basically, it is a 3/4" cap vs. the flat maple veneer on the SL2H-MAH. Think of the SLATQH as more of a Les Paul type construction and tone.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

The neck on a SLAT with a TOM is also angled back, which will brighten /tighten up the tone compared to the "parallel" construction of the SL2H-MAH....

Comment

Working...
                      X