Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ke2td

hi everybody

ok, i'm new to this forum... but i'm quite happy that i found this platform. (the 'limited edition guitars' - thread will probably kill my saved money *grml*) anyway

i bought a ke2td on ebay a couple of weeks (or months?) ago. is there anyone who can give me details about this guitar/edition... i want to know everything about this guitar

thanx

Same basic specs as the KE2, but with a diamondplate cover on top. See the most recent catalog shown in the "resources" area above for details.

Comment

Welcome! You'll learn a lot by hanging around here (not to mention get some serious GAS with all the guitars you see posted on this site).

I know the KE2Ts were made in 2001. They were the successor to the KE1T (Marty Friedman signature model) that was discontinued in late 2000 or early 2001. The KE2Ts were string thru with 2 humbuckers (JB in the bridge and Jazz in the neck if I remember right), flat top with a bound body and neck. Shreddermon and Remcarr both owned one of these, hopefully they can chime in. As for the KE2TD, is that the diamond plate top version? How about sharing some pics?

John

Comment

wow, that was quick, Pat. I start a post and you add your comments before I get finished. Now that's service.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche
          Shreddermon and Remcarr both owned one of these, hopefully they can chime in.
          I already did!

Yep, Johnny's got it right - TOM string-through layout. Otherwise, the same as a KE2 (Floyd) model, inc. PUs. And, IIRC, the diamondplate versions were NOT flat-tops. (The KE2T was a flat-top with body binding.)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche
            wow, that was quick, Pat. I start a post and you add your comments before I get finished. Now that's service.
            You mean like what just happened to me, too?

Comment

Here's mine....

Bad ass metal machine.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Were the EMGs stock on these? Also, it looks like the strap buttom on Jimmy B's is higher up on the horn than other ones I've seen. I like how the hardware is all balcked out on this one.

Comment

Yeah, the 81 & 85 were stock. The button is in its original location, no mods.
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

cool geetfiddle

I wish they would bring back the KE2T
                    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

wow... thanks for the answers...!
                      i think i don't have to post a picture anymore; it's equal to JimmyB's one

does anyone know how much they produced? i've heard somewhere, that they made 50 with black diamond plate and 50 with silver/metallic...(?)

Comment

Nice! Mesa Dual required for this
                        Let's try to fight with alcoholism! Drink more and leave less for others

Comment

Originally posted by b3ny666
                          Nice! Mesa Dual required for this
                          i'm trying it with a rocktron prophesy (received one for testing for a few days from my local guitar store) awesome machine...

Comment

Working...
                          X