Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any USA ever use a 1 3/4" nut?

Kinda curious?

Lately ive been feelign like testing out different waters. Ive never played an electric with a 1 3/4", so im curious if it would let me play a little more accurate. On 1 5/8" I feel my hands are so cramped and sometimes I get mush from my stubby fingers

I can't think of any USA Jackson production models that had it. Charvel Bullseye Retro, though.

Personally, I didn't care for the 1 & 3/4 nut at all. Honestly, that's the main reason why I sold mine. ...And I'm a guy who usually adjusts to such things easily. I like variety, actually.

Comment

My strathead Jackson neck has a 1 3/4" nut, I'm not so sure the actual floyd nut is wide enough for it, but its definitely thicker then my other jacksons. I dont have the hugest hands but I love the extra room and clarity it brings, def check one out if you can.

Comment

I had a GMW with a 1 3/4" nut for a short while. It was noticabely fuller (to me at least) than my other guitars. I have smaller hands and prefer a 1 5/8" nut, which are more comfortable to me. I traded that GMW to Nick (Kmanick). He could tell you more about it but I believe he loves it.

Comment

i have a custom charvel with a 1 3/4" nut. it's okay. great for open chords!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've got a Warmoth scalloped 1-3/4" on my Jake E. Lee white tribute Charvel. Nice and wide and lots of room!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yup John is right , My blue GMW has a 1 3/4 nut and I freaking love it.
              1 5/8th feels a little too tight to me below the 5th fret so I tend to go for 1 3/4 or 1 11/16th. I don't have huge hands either I just like a little more room down around the first few frets.
              I used to have a Custom Shop Soloist (SL1 1988) that had a 1 3/4 nut on it and I foolishly sold it. Haven't seen another one since.

I wish I still had this one.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick

I wish I still had this one.
                I wish I did too LOL!

Don't ESP Lynch guitars come with a 1 3/4" nut as well? I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

There are quite a few Soloist from the 87-9? era that had 1 3/4" necks using an R5 nut.-Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

All of the 1984 and most of the 1985 Soloists I have had were 1 3/4". During the true custom era I think 1 3/4" may have been the default and other widths were available upon request. If there was a change, it could have been in that late 1985-1987ish timeframe where thin was in. Maybe 1 5/8" became the default during that time? Or it was just a popular request?

Comment

DonP did you used to own that SL1 at some point too?
                      I know Tom Diamond owned this and sold it to someone who lost his job soon after acquiring it(on Ebay), and I got it from him.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                      X