It's mine now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's mine now!

After much hassle with the parcels company, the guitar no-one wanted is finally here! After being for sale in the classifieds here for some time, and after several price drops, Toru bought this from Fritz. Toru then decided that it wasn't the guitar for him, so he sold it to me!

As you can see, it's a custom shop strat body, and it has an inspection date of 29 July 1998. It's in great condition, with only some very minor pick-swirl and minor buckle rash, but the nature of the graphic camoflages these so it pretty much looks mint, with even the headstock tip unblemished! I haven't had chance to plug it in yet as I just wanted to get some pics before it starts raining (oh the joys of living in the UK!). The neck does seem pretty thin, but I knew that when I bought it.....

I'm thinking of putting a zebra pickup in the bridge just to liven the appearance up a little, and maybe at some point I'll go for gold hardware - I'll see how it settles down here first, before I decide if it's worth the hassle and cost of a hardware swap.

Anyway, here's the pics:
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

very very sweet.

Comment

I remember that one. Nice score!!!!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Always liked that one. The red snake is pretty unique. Congrats.

Comment

Yeah, that's nice! Congrats!
          Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Congrats! I've always liked that one and thought about it when Fritz was letting it go. Personally I'd leave the black pups and hardware on this - it seems to fit it well.

Comment

Killer skin man!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

That is sweet. Congrats

Comment

I would personally leave the stock pups in there. Nice guitar, as all custom shops(or most:P) ARE.

Comment

ian, you are on a tear of late! great score!!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Great score and I love the reverse headstock - it looks great with that finish.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Glad you got it safe Ian!

Comment

Looking good

Comment

thats a damnn nice guitar , congrads

i would leave the black hardware it blends in well
                            If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

very sweet axe...... nice nice and nice........

i want one now...lol... i agree with other leave the black hardware... only thing i would change would be a nice sharkfin kneck......

Comment

Working...
                              X