Introducing JA0375

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing JA0375

Since it seems like it's Natural SLATQH night, I thought I'd introduce my first SLATQH which just arrived Fedex today. (pics below) Funny, I never looked at the SLATQH's seriously before last month. I decided to start looking at a custom shop job, and I drew up the specs, got ready to send them in, when someone posted the specs on this site for a SLATQH. Uh, yeah, I was about to custom order a mahogany body and neck, 3/4 maple top (ok, admittedly, I wanted it flamed, trans black, not quilt), but then I felt dumb when I realized the guitar I wanted custom-made already existed in the regular line...except Jackson wasn't making it any more! Heck, they don't even have the specs on the website (no wonder I had no idea what it was). So, here it is brand new though it's been hanging around the music store for a year.

The good:

This baby plays like butter, Iwas set-up well, no buzz, the lowest action on all my Jacksons, even my custom shop Soloist. I scored, I thought.

And then the bad:

At first, I thought this was a chip. I was pissed, but then I noticed that it's actually just the finish. I bought this brand new from an authorized Jackson dealer for a fair price. No mention of the problem with the finish on the point. I'd say it's pretty hard to miss.

At this point, I'm going to ask for some cash back, before I take it to my repair shop. Any ideas what it takes ($$) to redo a small area of finish?
    Last edited by danastas; 03-30-2006, 07:51 PM.

Re: Introducing JA0375

Yikes, sorry, I have no clue what happened with the pictures. I just took them. Same setting and everything. One of these days I have to figure out my freakin' camera.

Comment

I would demand something back for sure i would be more pissed than u man believe u me , i hate shit like that , anyway shes a beauty none the less, enjoy m8y
      Last edited by scel100; 03-30-2006, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Wow, that is a beautiful guitar. Congrats on a great score.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Very nice BIG pics. I really like the natural top, congrats.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I recommend getting an estimate from a repair shop, and use that to base your claim for a partial refund.

Comment

Thanks,
              I'm going to do exactly that. I have to call my luthier ASAP and maybe send a pic to him (he lives 1 1/2 hours away, so...driving for an estimate is a chore).

Comment

To quote Predator - "You think you could've found something BIGGER?". Seriously though - you pay serious whack for a custom guitar and you get import treatment?!
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm going to edit out the big pics because they are annoying, and I can't shrink them. But, it was a brand new guitar I bought from a dealer, not a custom job. I wanted a SLATQH and there were none within 400 miles of me. So, I asked around.

Comment

The first thing I look for is low action, and that beauty has it! nice guitar.

Comment

Working...
                    X