Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker swap in PC1?

Hey,

Any PC1 owners here remove the Super 3 HB from the bridge position? If so, what did you replace it with? I like the Super 3, but it's a little too "dark" for my taste. I'm considering something with a little more high end response...maybe a DiMarzio Tone Zone? Seymour Duncan? Was the rewire a pain, due to the Sustainer?

Thanks much!

Brandon

Re: Humbucker swap in PC1?

i put in a dimarzio PAF pro in one of mine and a duncan custom/custom in the other. the rewire was a slight pain, but not too bad. just be careful with that little plug that goes on the circuit board...
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

MD,

Thanks for the info! How did the tone change with those pups?

Comment

well, it's hard to describe. i HATE the super 3, so ANYTHING was better to me!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] sorry i can't tell you more. BTW - here's a pic of my PC-1s. i know everyone has to be SICK of these by now!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, those are just boring me to tears [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Why three knobs on the one?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Current PC1s have V-T-sustainer intensity knobs. Earlier versions didn't have a tone knob.

Comment

I swapped mine for a SD Custom 5. TB 5 to be exact - which is the model made for a Floyd Rose guitar.

Much better sounding.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Huh! The Super 3 is the best humbucker ever made! If you don't want 'em give them to me. All my guitars with humbuckers will eventually get them.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I swapped mine for a SD Custom 5. TB 5 to be exact - which is the model made for a Floyd Rose guitar.

Much better sounding.

[/ QUOTE ]Any issues with the sustainer after the swap?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Any issues with the sustainer after the swap?

[/ QUOTE ]

No issues - works perfectly. However I have a real good amp (Framus Cobra) and what I noticed is when I cranked it the sustain was so good I could hold a note with vibrato - especially on the G string and lower literally indefinitely - it just kept going and going like the Energizer Bunny.

This was without using the sustainer. I knew it was the perfect pup once I heard that. But you need amp saturation which means cranking it. I can get this kind of sustain without using the sustainer on my Akai DSP recorder also.

I figured if I got use to using the sustainer all the time it will make me lazy with my fingers but it is a really cool feature when used sparingly.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X