had my mf ke-1 come in today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had my mf ke-1 come in today...

and i thought it was going to be amazing.

like, i've waited the longest time for an opportunity for a beautiful U.S.A. jackson. and here it came.

the only thing is, i was so flabbergasted by the way it came in.

it was packed well, but the case is a total wreck. it hangs barely closed with one latch, and is patched together with tape.

then i open the case, to reveal the beauty within.

and after a lot of cleaning, i was really excited! except the action and set-up was terribly bad, not the mention the frets being corroded a little, with no shine at all.

so today, i'm taking it to a luthier in town, and hopefully he can work some magic. i can't wait to see it in full action.

then i'll give you guys pics.

i'm not one to lie, i'll admit, i was really dissappointed by this whole thing, first appearance, so i'm hoping it'll come back to me amazing. it looked a litte farther out than "mint" condition. but i have faith!

by the way, anyone know where i can find a case for a kelly? preferably a gigbag, since i'll be using it all over the place?

Re: had my mf ke-1 come in today...

[ QUOTE ]
    by the way, anyone know where i can find a case for a kelly? preferably a gigbag, since i'll be using it all over the place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check ebay. I bought one for $20 + $20 shipping.

Comment

I'll bet it's night and day when you get it back. A good fret polish and set up will do it good.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

excellent, i'm hoping so!!!

Comment

i'd suggest asking your local retailer for a case/gig bag. who knows, you might have more luck than i did with my warrior case. if you go for the case, check that its properly moulded before you leave the shop. i'm still in the process of sorting out a dispute over a warrior case, which despite being "passed", it wasn't moulded properly and the guitar won't fit. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Good luck hope it turns out OK

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Kelly-Guitar...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

i hear you unlucky, and thanks for the words quakana!

Comment

Did you get it off of Ebay?

Comment

Sorry to hear it wasn't all you'd hoped. Hopefully it'll come back much, much better.
                  The MF KEs and KVs were black with gold hardware and had Marty's or Dave's signature on them respectively, right? How has the signature held up over time?

Comment

yeah, they are. but for some reason, i guess this one doesn't have one?

regardless, i dunno, maybe its nostalgia, but i'm super stoked to get it, and get it back. its going to be awesome *crosses fingers*.

Comment

check your email when you get a minute bro

you sent me the pics email, but forgot the attacht eh pic s [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

case question...

does anyone know if explorer or firebird cases would be able to fit a Ke-1 snugly?

Comment

Re: case question...

Explorer case worked for me in the past.Shop around at used gear stores Like music go round they usually have odd Jackson cases.There is a large Jackson case at MGR in Louisville Ky.Get the phone number at their web site and give them a call and make them go look and see what its moulded for.I'll bet it will be cheap.I bougt a USA fusion case for $35.00.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Re: case question...

excellent...thank you

Comment

Working...
                            X