The third time is not a charm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The third time is not a charm

Well guys, I'm fucking unimpressed with my soloist, Jcakson and Fender. This POS has been in the repair shop more then I've had it, for the same two problems. After them having it 2 months for 2 high frets and a low nut(horrible string rattle on e and a) they finally call me to tell me it's all fixed and ready to go.

They didn't even fucking touch it, any of it! I called Jackson's customer relations after the second time in. They said they would call the repair shop and make sure it's right and in a timely manner. You can see what good that did.

Looks as if my choices are sell the guitar on ebay to some dumb ass, Pay to have a real tech fix it and then have the warranty voided(may be the way to go, can't get it fixed under warranty anyways), or just put it back in its case and leave it there for the rest of my life, never to see the light of day again.

I will most likely never buy another Jackson guitar. Not because they build bad instruments but because they don't hire reputable repair facilities to handle the warranty issues, at least not here in Vegas.

Damnit Jackson, why did you sell out to that no caring, money greedy POS Fender?!?!

I would love to say I feel better after this rant but I don't!

Re: The third time is not a charm

Vegas?
    Ed Roman did the repairs?

Sorry for the troubles.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No, Romans did not do the repairs!!!! This was the FMIRC listed on Jacksons site for repair.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. I am not sure what I would do. Did you buy from a dealer? I would make them take it back. Plain and simple. Otherwise, ebay or real pro luthier.
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Real pro luthier and be done with it. I mean really. Unload a guitar because of 2 high frets? Bring it in, get it fixed and play it.

I understand your frustration, but it would just be faster and easier to get it done right the first time.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That sucks, sorry to hear that..as much of a pain it would be I would keep on Jackson to make good on the guitar. There is a topic on the forum "Ask Jackson" maybe someone there will help you. As far as selling it on ebay if you do it would only be right to explain the problems with the guitar if you did list it

Comment

There are a few good techs here. My point is, if the thing has a 2800.00 list price somebody should make good on the warranty. Why should I have to pay someone 150 to fix it.

Comment

True. If you took it to an authorized tech and it's still got the same problems, I'd return it to the dealer and get an exchange or at-Jackson repair.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

*cough* ... small claims court ... *cough* ... warranty of merchantability ... *cough*
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I think it depends on the repair facility. I have a guy here in Orange that is great and knows what he's doing. I hear your pain and have my own issues with Jackson, but I wouldn't say that it has to do with Fender owning them. If anything, they've gotten a little better IMO since the buyout.

I wouldn't eBay it either. At least not with the intent of deceiving someone. Chances are that "dumbass" will be a member on this forum and most of us here don't take kindly to be deceived. Just a thought.
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Look at it like an untimely car repair, once a pro does it up you'll be happy I'm sure.
                      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

goodbye. more for us!

Comment

All "techs" and "luthiers" are definitely not created equal. I had a bad experience with one of my first Jacksons, although it was a used guitar. I took it to a local shop, wanting support the small-town business and all of that warm fuzzy crap. They farmed out their work to some guy who made a fret problem worse than it was in the first place, and being a relative newb at the time, I didn't dispute the repair bill. The guy was a hack, but I assumed there was nothing I could do.

I ended up calling Jackson (this was late `90s), and they sent me to the nearest authorized tech, who happens to be a pretty well-known luthier around here. It was long out of warranty, so I had to pay for it, but he did a fantastic job, and I've been going to him for all my repair and custom work. However, it could have gone the other way - bad experience with the authorized shop and perfect service from the small-town guy.

What is your Jackson dealer's role in all of this?
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree you have to ask the dealer about this if the problem is out of the box.
                            how is the policies of the well known online jackson dealers?
                            like matt, drumcity, musiczoo, etc
                            do they charge you if the piece is not so well built?

Comment

Maybe the only way to fix it, is to replace the nut. I´ve never owned a soloist but I guess this would be potentially damaging to the painting. If it´s out of the box, the factory should then fix all these problems especially if the price tag was 2.200 or so!

Why should the buyer have to deal with the consequences of a malfunctioning new item?

------------------------

... dumb all over, ugly on the side. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
                              X