No announcement yet.

IT'S DONE!!!!! CS KV 7 STRING!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IT\'S DONE!!!!! CS KV 7 STRING!!! PIC!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    ..the guitar that is, not the Mexican dude! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Pablo Santana...he's been one of the main guys at Jackson since the beginning...he's right up there wih Mike. He's the one who designed the double neck Rhoads at Namm last year as well as a host of other customs.
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I think you got lucky and they screwed up the color,

[/ QUOTE ]

That's "getting lucky"? That finish looks very cool. But I'd still be pretty PO'd that they built something different than was on the work order you signed off on.

[ QUOTE ]
      Why does it take 2 months for em to ship, like the wait isnt already long enough. Why would they sit on it that extra 2 months?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent question. Wish I knew the answer, too.

Awesome guitar nontheless, dude. Congrats.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I think you got lucky and they screwed up the color,

[/ QUOTE ]

That's "getting lucky"? That finish looks very cool. But I'd still be pretty PO'd that they built something different than was on the work order you signed off on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call it that. I like trans black and it's a pretty "safe " color to order cause it usually comes out about the same but if you were to order a finish like he actually got I'd be worried the whole time about how it was going to come out. You don't see alot of bursts on KVs. That looks way better than I would think a finish like that would on a KV. So if I were the one to order trans black and I got that instead I'd be stoked.
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Regarding the finish, it's very possible that it just looks that way because of the flash. I'll bet that in natural light, it will be a lot darker.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I had talked to Mike Kotzen about doing a burst... So it's not really a mistake, I just expected it to be darker. Mind you, I am NOT disappointed with the way it looks at all. And, like was said before, it may actually be darker in real life. Either way, I shall be a satisfied customer...
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Regardless It's f-ing beautiful!
              What is the neck profile like on your Soloist 7? Thats something I'd wonder about before ordering one. I have a Carvin 7 and the neck is great but I used to have a Jem which was nice, but if I got used to playing the Jem all my 6 strings felt weird. With the Carvin it's an easy switch, no problem at all.
              http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I had talked to Mike Kotzen about doing a burst... So it's not really a mistake, I just expected it to be darker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. Thanks for clarifying. Good to hear it wasn't a screw-up.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Regardless It's f-ing beautiful!
                  What is the neck profile like on your Soloist 7? Thats something I'd wonder about before ordering one. I have a Carvin 7 and the neck is great but I used to have a Jem which was nice, but if I got used to playing the Jem all my 6 strings felt weird. With the Carvin it's an easy switch, no problem at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The neck on the soloist is perfect (for me...) I have 2 Abyss 7 strings, one is paper thin and pretty flat, while the other is more like a softball bat... big and thick. The Jackson one has a nice radius that feels great. (I don't know the dimensions, sorry...) I'd say the soloist neck is the 'smallest' of the 3.

6 strings always feel smaller now... (Of course...)
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

those are both very nice guitars...i been contemplating getting a 7 string..dunno what i'd need it for tho...

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Wow, that's just awesome!!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

that thing is gonna sound MONSTEROUS

Comment

Congrats on a kick-ass, gorgeous guitar!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

That's one sick V [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] , Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X