No announcement yet.

Need your help to recommend a gear.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your help to recommend a gear.....

Well my friend has left it to me to choose something nice for him. His fisr intension is Fenders but he has never tried any of them as he is a beginner. Is there something from Jackson you would recommend that has a nice clean sound maybe close to some from Fender? I wish that this is not a really stupid question [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Need your help to recommend a gear.....

How much $$$?

Comment

To him quality and sound is important. could be something between 1500 to even 2500$!

Comment

sl2h?
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Well I guess SL2H would be better for heavy sound; right? whatabout SLS or SLATQH? I have never tried them but does any of them can have a sound like Les Paul or Fender strat American deluxe?

Comment

THe SLS and SLATQH are great choices, but if he likes fender, he might do better with an SL1. It has 1 hum and two singles. It may look like a heavy metal ax, but it would be great for other stuff as well IMO.

If you want to go used, you might want to look into a Surfcaster.

Good luck!
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

If he likes the idea of a Fender, then a hot rod'd strat should be right up his alley: Charvel USA Standard - HSS & Floyd.

Comment

Go with a PC-1

Comment

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Friend of yours, Ron? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Definitely a PC1 if he doesn't want the pointy headstock and sharkfin inlays.
                      Other than that, he can fight it out on Ebay for a nice Charvel Model model (Model 3, 4, or 5).

I'd avoid Fender and Gibson - they make crap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Model 5 is HH, Newc [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Then he can get a 5FX and add 2 singles, or a 5A and get H-S [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Or he can get a 5 and do some coil-tapping [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The heavy sound comes more from the pickups and amp setup than the guitar itself. Look at all the metal guys using Les Pauls or Yngwie on his strats. I would personally recommend an SL1T unless he wants a Floyd, then a normal SL1

Comment

Model 6 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                              X