1986 Jackson Strat Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Jackson Strat Value?

Hello All. I'm considering on purchasing a 1986 Jackson bolt-on strat. I was hoping to get some input on what you thought a fair market price to pay would be. Here are the details...

- Maple Neck
    - Black / Blue Bengal graphic with matching pointy headstock.
    - All original including Floyd Rose install, pickups (H-H) and standard wiring with 500k volume / tone pots and 3-way toggle.
    - The control cavity is the smaller one similar in size to Charvel. It does not extend down near the curve of the body.
    - Serial # 3534
    - Original G&G case with metal Jackson logo

The seller is asking $1350 OBO. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the input!

Dave

Re: 1986 Jackson Strat Value?

Sounds like a very cool guitar! What kind of condition is it? Do you have any pics?

Comment

This guitar sounds familier.
      I'd say the price is over the top.
      1K would be it.

Comment

I have pics from the seller, but I don't feel comfortable posting it without his permission. I'll check with and see if he minds. The seller says it is in excellent condition. He is the 2nd owner.

Comment

Serial # 3534 = 1987-1989, not 1986.

definitely WAY overpriced.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Serial # 3534 = 1987-1989, not 1986.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that as well on the Jackson serial chart. What about the control cavity? Could that possibly put it a late '86? I am pretty sure it is the same size of how the early Charvels were doing it. Definitely not what i'm used to on my 1988 dinkys. Also in the neck pocket, the name Mike Eldred is stamped. Does that mean anything?

Thanks, Dave

Comment

The "san dimas" control cavity appears relatively frequently on 87-89 era guitars, probably from leftover bodies.

Mike Eldred stamps are not uncommon in '87-'88 built guitars either (I owned one with one, anyway.)

No date in the neck pocket or trem cavity (if any)?

Comment

I don't see any hand written dates from the pictures. Just 7832, which is probably the work order and what looks to be "VPT" and "fr". I will ask the seller if there are any dates written anywhere.

Thanks, Dave

Comment

1000 tops

Comment

Hi!

Sorry about tagging this onto this post (I couldn't work out how to start a new thread) but it's a kinda similar request.

Can anyone assist me in finding out if my Jackson is special and rare? When I bought it I was told it was "One of a kind". I need now to look into selling it and it's a hard thing to value.
                    I checked on the Jackson site using the serial number and it looks like it was made in 1988 in the Ontario Custom Shop.
                    Has anyone ever heard of these guitars and if they have could you tell me if they are rare/valuable?

The details of the guitar are...
                    The guitar details (from the warranty) is :
                    Model : Jackson Soloist Custom Copperhead Snakeskin
                    Serial : J4368
                    Floyd Rose locking trem
                    Two Jackson humbuckers
                    Slim-profiled carved into the back

It looks very similar to the new SL1 Soloist Snakeskins on the Jackson web site except mine has two Jackson humbuckers and the snakeskin is copper coloured.

Thanks for any information you can give.

George

Comment

Please ignore my post above as I have now started a new thread for my question.

George

Comment

Working...
                      X