JE1000 or JE1200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JE1000 or JE1200?

I posted this elsewhere, but i'll say it again. I think it would be cool to combine the best features of all 3 circuits into a single circuit. basically an onboard parametric midrange eq with a stacked pot that allowed you to dial in the frequency and the level of gain.

The problem with the JE-1000 is that you have to flip 3 dip switches to change the frequency, and it's not documented which frequency corresponds to each one of 8 possible dip switch combinations. The problem with the JE-1200 is that the frequency is fixed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Is there a list, or could someone "in the know" compile a list of guitars that had the JE-1200? I'm looking for two of them and I would like to know where to look.

Comment

Charvel Spectrum, Charvel model 475 deluxe and exotic, Model 6, Model 650XL...I believe is correct for a start.

Comment

Originally posted by craven morehead View Post
          Is there a list, or could someone "in the know" compile a list of guitars that had the JE-1200? I'm looking for two of them and I would like to know where to look.
          Jackson Soloist SL1 pre-1992, Jackson Professional Soloist Pro, Charvel Model 6 or Charvel 650XL.
          1991 Jackson Soloist SL1 Don't Smoke
          2006 Jackson Dinky DK2S Trans Black
          1994 BC Rich Warlock USA 'Special Run Model by Bernardo C Rico'

Comment

I suppose I can contribute. I know the Charvel Model 4 had it.

Comment

Originally posted by jcmktgguy View Post
              The JE-1200 was a system designed to work with the following:

3 SC's: (3) J-200 Single Coils (bi-level low impedence SC's)

OR

H/S/S: (2) J-200's and (1) Jackson humbucker (J-50, J-80, J-90, J-95 and all variations within)

OR

2 Hums: Any (2) Jackson humbuckers

OR

1 Hum: Any Jackson humbucker

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I'm curious on the wiring with that setup. Do you know what's different, or do you have a diagram?

Comment

The Model 5 also had the JE-1200. Some catalogs list it with the JE-1000TG. Don't know whether that was a mistake or if they switched the electronics at some point.

As for the wiring of a single hum to the JE-1200, it's the same as any of the other layouts, except the hot lead from the pickup takes the place of the wire coming off the switch in a multiple pickup layout. These two diagrams cover it:

from the pickup-
                http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=66&pos=14

to the circuit-
                http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....491&fullsize=1

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                  The Model 5 also had the JE-1200. Some catalogs list it with the JE-1000TG. Don't know whether that was a mistake or if they switched the electronics at some point.

As for the wiring of a single hum to the JE-1200, it's the same as any of the other layouts, except the hot lead from the pickup takes the place of the wire coming off the switch in a multiple pickup layout. These two diagrams cover it:

from the pickup-
                  http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=66&pos=14

to the circuit-
                  http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....491&fullsize=1
                  Would wiring it as a single with one volume like that give it the same sound as if it had the three knobs and switches all on full?

Comment

You can just leave the other two pots in the electronics cavity where you can still adjust them the way you want .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                      You can just leave the other two pots in the electronics cavity where you can still adjust them the way you want .
                      I thought of that, but is that the only option or method. If you don't have the pots do you get the full sound, or are the pots enhancing what is already there?
                      Last edited by craven morehead; 08-03-2008, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reef View Post
                        Jackson Soloist SL1 pre-1992, Jackson Professional Soloist Pro, Charvel Model 6 or Charvel 650XL.
                        Reef, you have one right? Any chance you want to change your pickups? I'll gladly furnish you with new pickups/electronics for yours.

Comment

Working...
                        X