Soloist Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist Question...

So I am wondering how much I would expect to pay for a used Soloist that is in pretty good condition (no extrememly visible flaws). I am looking for one with no graphic or anything, just a basic finish... Black would be nice.

I see them on ebay for around $1100-$1200, and I am wondering if this is what they typically go for? I do not care how old it is as long as it is in pretty good condition and has two hums.

Is $700-$800 reasonably enough to pick up one?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: Soloist Question...

You should be able to score an SL2 in your target range or less. An SL2H may be more then $800, but keep your eyes open on ebay.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'd say $1000 even.
      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I'd say between 800-1,200 for an sl2H.
        for an SL2 600-800.
        there's one in the classifieds right now in the $600.00 range, nice one too.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

what's the diff between sl2 and sl2h?

Comment

The SL2 was US made (not a current model) with a foreign trem, no headstock/neck binding. No neck inlays.

The SL2H is US made, current and has a real Floyd, sharks and neck/headstock binding.

I am not sure about the pickups on the SL2, the SL2H has real Duncans.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hmm...I've heard several times that the SL2 had black binding around neck and headstock? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Hmm...I've heard several times that the SL2 had black binding around neck and headstock? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Hmmm...maybe the fretboard, but the headstock? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Maybe, I'm not sure.
                Scott

Comment

as a general rule I´d say 1k +/- 100-200$, depending on features and condition.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, at least both of mine had bound necks and heads...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dude, you should have picked up my Shotgun Soloist when you had the chance!!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So what would a pristine used SL2H flametop sell for??

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        So what would a pristine used SL2H flametop sell for??

[/ QUOTE ]

300 $, I'll pay after you have sent me the guitar. I promise!

*sits back and waits patiently for what will come*
                        [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          as a general rule I´d say 1k +/- 100-200$, depending on features and condition.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, at least both of mine had bound necks and heads...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine did not.

SL2's only have black binding around the neck, NOT around the headstock. Well unless yours was post-factory modded or they had another SL2 series (like the SL2's with sharkies).
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

The SL2s have black neck binding, and the pickups are Kent Armstrong JP10/11s. Very good pickups for a mid-heavy Slayer tone in my experience.

GMS, you might want to do some checking at local shops. I've been seeing some very nice USA and Pro Jacksons in the Twin Cities area over the past couple of weeks. Makes it difficult for me to downsize my collection, with all this temptation!
                            sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't laugh. I have picked up two early '90s Soloists in the recent past for under $700 each. True, a newer SL2H will go for more, but if you can live with the H/S/S format and a Schaller trem, a great early '90s Soloist can be had for a bargain compared to the newer ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X