KV2 Owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 Owners...

What pups do you have in your KV2's? I've still got the stock TB4's in mine, but can't help but wonder what if...
    So let's hear your thoughts and opinions about your favorite pup configs and hopefully narrow down my choices [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Re: KV2 Owners...

emg 85 and 89 on KV2X and stock TB4/SH4 on the silver/black dragon...i like both for different reasons. I wish I had the jazz neck, though.

Comment

Paul try a Duncan custom. They blow the TB4 away in my opinion. I got one in my custom Warrior and that is now my favorite pickup. That's a maple neck Alder body just like the USA selects. It should sound the same in a KV as well. Very crisp clear pickup that has a fairly high output. It's made to be a good mid range pickup but I get great low end thump from it as well. My GMW beast also has a Custom in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck. That one sounds killer also.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I used to own a black KV2 with dual EMG 81s, it screamed and killed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Not KV2 but my KV1s have Stock JB and jazz in 2 of them and EMG 85s in 1.
          Thinking of trying a Duncan Custom if I get another KV1.

Comment

I like the DDistortion and the Fullshred(neck) combo
            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

81/85 combo in my KV2 and KV4... sounds like EMGs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Steve.

Comment

Ditto on the 81/85 combo in my '89. Sounds good to me.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I have a KV2X with the 85/89 combo as well. I love the 85 in the bridge, the 89 I rarely find I use the single coil mode on the KV. On my bengal I use it all the time.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I got a KV2X, starting to love the king v shape more and more. 81/89 combo. I like the 89 because there is so much you can do with it. if you want just a little extra thickness to it you can use the 81 and single coil of the 89. i think it helps on nicer cleans too. course ive been in love with EMGs for a while.

Comment

TB4 heh...
                      What about Bill Lowrence, 500xl etc..if don't look to side active pups?

Comment

Working...
                      X