88 jackson usa custom pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 jackson usa custom pickup

I have a 88 usa custom with 3 single coil in it I was wondering if any one know what pickup came in the guitar

Re: 88 jackson usa custom pickup

If it is a custom shop guitar then they probably aren't stock pickups. They are whatever pickups were ordered on the guitar. Take the pickups off and look to see what is on the back side.

Comment

see thats the problem the guy Frankenstein it and it has fender laysencers or something like that

Comment

Originally? Probably a J50BC and a couple of what... J100s?
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

yo xeno, 3 singles. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Possibly J100s or J200s.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

One way to make an educated guess would be to check for evidence that the guitar originally had active electronics. A third knob for midboost or a toggle for the JE-1000, or a battery clip in the control cavity. If so, it probably had the J200s since they were designed for use with an active system. If there's no evidence of active electronics, then it most likely had the J100s if it had Jackson pickups. Like dannyr said though, anything was possible on a custom. FWIW, you're probably better of with whatever pickups are in there now.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              yo xeno, 3 singles. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Possibly J100s or J200s.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also said it's been frankensteined... I was thinking added pickguard cause of the lace sensors... lol. :P
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X