first USA jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first USA jackson?

Hi Guys, ive only owned the lesser counterparts of the jackson kelly and the rhoads flying V (KE-3R and Rhoads Ex Pro to be exact) and im looking into getting a USA select model, but im not sure exactly what i want.

me and my dad went out looking at guitar stores last saturday and after a whole day of searching couldnt find a single US made jackson in any store near me...im in the central valley of california, is there anyone here who could point me in the direction of a good jackson dealer in the area? im thinking i will probably have to go to san fransisco or something...any help finding a retailer would be great..i would love to be able to play a few of the models and make a decision of what i want instead of ordering it online based of what looks cool and end up not liking the guitar [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

But anyways, im most interested in the KE2 model.....but i am unsure on some of the specs, i realise that the quality is much greater than my KE3.....but is the neck profile similar at all or is it a totally different beast?

as a first US model guitar....what would you guys suggest....how is the tone of a KE2 compare to a soloist or king V? my other guitars are a few gibsons and ltd/esp guitars and while i like my jacksons.....im just tired of the bolt on necks, cheap wood and the licensed floyds...i want a real jackson [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sorry if im asking stupid questions but i figured this would probably be the best place to ask

Re: first USA jackson?

Welcome to the board! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I can say that you couldn't be anywhere better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm sure you'll get what you need from the members here...

I have a ke-2. And played a bunch of ke-3's I can say that the neck feels completely different and much more better for me. And any bolt-on neck will feel different compared to a neck-thru one imo.

If you're thinking of buying a neck-thru Usa I think Ke-2 would be the right choice. I think you're used to the kelly shape and you like it. Tonewise you can expect a kelly to have a little beefier tone compared to a soloist or kv. since there is more wood on the body. Other than that it will depend on the pick-ups you'll use and I can't think of any major difference other than these [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

These are my two cents. Hope you'll get the guitar you're looking for.
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Welcome to the board [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Only dealer in your area that I know of:
      http://www.wildwestguitars.com

good luck with your purchase!

- Rune

Comment

thanks for the responces guys, yeah i figured being neck thru it would feel alot different but i was wondering more about the shape of the neck...for some reason the neck on my rhoads feels considerably smaller than the kelly.....but yeah i like the feel of the kelly bodystyle and i just love the way it looks, i will probably end up with one.......hey is that dave mustaine with you in the picture in your avatar? thats awesome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks rune ill have to look into that store....i think that is an hour or so away but its worth the drive considering their inventory......looks like i took a trip in the wrong direction [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i went to the bay area instead of goin south..........do'h

Comment

May I sugest Matt's Music Center or V-wall????? I've heard nothing but positive transactions with them both.

Support those who support this site.

Good luck, and welcome to the JCF [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Adrian
          All hail the 'King'
          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Working...
          X