Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaine Signature Editions

Hi All,
    I was wondering about the history behind the Mustaine signature edtions King Vs. Like when was the first one made? When was the first one available to the public? How much they were? How do you tell the difference between ones that were made in Japan versus Ontario? When I input my serial number it states 1987 Ontario. I'm also a little confused about the USA made description...weren't they manufactured in Ontario after 1986?
    Sorry, just tired of getting bogus info and just want the truth for once regarding these guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Dave Mustaine Signature Editions

I don't know much about them asides them being King V's, but I do you can buy his from him on the Megadeth site! Serious $ though!!
    I love admins!

Comment

I think he opted not to sell it, but I sure would love to have his original black KV1.

Comment

He actually gave most of them for free to the people he owned money to.

Comment

Mustaine sigs were '93 and up IIRC, maybe earlier (1990?).

Japanese-made models will say Professional on the head, and the signature will be on two lines (Dave above Mustaine). They will also have a 7-digit serial number starting with J followed by 6 numbers.
          Other than that, they're identical.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Mustaine sigs were '93 and up IIRC, maybe earlier (1990?).

Japanese-made models will say Professional on the head, and the signature will be on two lines (Dave above Mustaine).

[/ QUOTE ]

The first Mustaine sigs were the Professional series, and I think the first guitars were available in 1993. They don't have Professional on the headstock though......
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Couldn't find the pics of my old one to be sure, but I thought I may have been mistooken about the Professional logo (not enough room with the sig).

I wonder why they did the Pros first though? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I just looked at your old one [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] and it say's KV PRO on the plastic piece on the headstock

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm at a loss for words.
                  "POOP"

Comment

does anyone know what the caused the sig to change from Dave (over) Mustaine and then Dave Mustaine (all on one line) ??
                    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

The 2 line sigs were on the Japanese made KV-Pros, which were discontinued when the USA KV1s came out where his sig is all on one line.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Man, I wish he owed me money.
                        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Kv Pro and KV1 have some other differences as well:
                          - pickups
                          - headstock lenght
                          - body shape (especially where it meets the neck)
                          - logo size, shape and material

At one point KV1s came with LSR tuners.

Pics tell more than 1000 words, the KV Pro truss rod cover has been replaced...

My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Were the stock pickups always a JB and Jazz (I'm guessing here). Just wondering if they came with other pickup options. I know Marty's sig KE-1 has only the JB.

You guys are going to laugh, but I get my best Megadeth tone with my Historic LP loaded with stock Burstbucker 1&2.

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies. Is the serial number in the same place for both the KVPro and the KV1? My guitar is in storage right now 3,000 miles away so I am going by memory. I have a gut feeling mine is the japanese version because I think my serial number was 7 digits long and that's why it wouldn't input correctly into the Jackson serial number chart. But I swear mine also says USA right next to the Jackson logo. Oh well, it is a sweet guitar nonetheless even if it was made in Japan. My dream guitar is a see through Rhoades (who knows?) but I will settle for a USA Rhoades(w/out tremolo) with either the "new school" flame job or the "old school" crackle paint and all the goodies.
                              Now that I remember the head had the logo and said Made in USA after it along with signature on two lines. Of course I could be wrong. Damn I wish I had it here.

Comment

Working...
                              X