Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the cheapest USA Jackson 2nd hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s the cheapest USA Jackson 2nd hand?

Definitly Shakeel, a jt-6 isn't that bad and is changeable, and I never look at pups when buying a guitar (other than config).

That's not an uncommon set-up for customs from the 80's.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      It was for sale some years ago on a dutch site. It was a dinky with the blue crackle finish, jt-6 bridge, jackson pickups(Hum-single config), grover jackson signature on the back of the headstock..not the kind of hardware you would expect on a USA.. But the guitar plays great nonetheless. (My friend owns it)

Will you still take 'em all? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      That´s EXACTLY the hardware I would expect on a USA from the time frame of 87-89 .... And yes, I´ll still take them all... 400 each is almost as good as stealing them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
      Definitly Shakeel, a jt-6 isn't that bad and is changeable, and I never look at pups when buying a guitar (other than config)...

[/ QUOTE ]

On new Guitars I look to make sure they´re not Dimarzios, becasue I refuse to put money in Larry´s pocket becasue I don´t agree with his business practices (double Cream, PAF; Mirror Bobbins...).. on a Used guitar I don´t care nearly as much but still try to avoid them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah in that time frame you would expect it, but i was comparing to the USA DK's from nowadays. I am aware of the hardware setups of the USA's from back then. But some people might not be aware of this, that's why i mentioned.

Yes, the JT-6 is easily changable, but will cause a serious upcharge here in the netherlands(when going for an OFR) Buying a good humbucker and a nice single coil also costs a lot. All this extra costs will get you much higher then the €400. In this case i rather put in some more € and go for an early 90's pro or a charvel model 6. OKay they are not made in USA guitars, but you get more 'guitar' for the € you pay imo. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

never buy a USA made jackson or charvel from anywere but the usa unless you like spending your cash for fun

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            never buy a USA made jackson or charvel from anywere but the usa unless you like spending your cash for fun

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hehehe, Tim, I'm not that ethical when my own wallet is involved, so Dimarzio's or not, I look for the best price. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh right, shakeel, so you're going for either a JT-6 or a Kahler (on the earlier ones). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm not getting your logic, seriously. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not talking about the bridge only on the 90's pro or model 6 guitars. They are overall seen better guitars imo. (inlays, logo, binding etc.)

Comment

Uhm, I think the neck-thru vs bolt-on thing is the only thing discerning the two in this case...?

An 80's custom Dinky... I don't see why one would consider these guitars low quality.

Comment

Maybe i'm mistaking, but the 80's USA dinky (i'm not sure if it's from the 80's but it has the hardware, finish and pup config i mentioned in the previous posts) i've played and wich my friend owns, doesn't have sharkfins, binding or a pearl logo. Another friend of mine has a pro from the early 90's. The feel of this guitar is much greater then the USA dinky imo. I'm not saying that I consider an 80's custom Dinky low quality, not at all. But then again there were so many dinky's made, maybe they came in different variations i have no idea. You tell me.

But we're getting a bit off-topic here.

Comment

Then either is was a student, or a custom ordered by someone with his own taste.

Comment

Late 80's USA Bolton Dinky. Go for 400 to 600 all day and are GREAT guitars.

Comment

I wish I could find some cheap JJ`s, I have been looking for a JJ2 for a while now. Late 80`s Soloists can be had fairly also, especially with the Kahlers. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Yeah in that time frame you would expect it, but i was comparing to the USA DK's from nowadays. I am aware of the hardware setups of the USA's from back then. But some people might not be aware of this, that's why i mentioned.

Yes, the JT-6 is easily changable, but will cause a serious upcharge here in the netherlands(when going for an OFR) Buying a good humbucker and a nice single coil also costs a lot. All this extra costs will get you much higher then the €400. In this case i rather put in some more € and go for an early 90's pro or a charvel model 6. OKay they are not made in USA guitars, but you get more 'guitar' for the € you pay imo. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Conversely, some people like the Jackson Pickups and JT-6.... There are multiple reasons that that´s my preferred Era [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

i'm so curious to try something of this era!i think i'll buy a fusion usa and compare it with my sl2h, i hope that i'll like it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Conversely, some people like the Jackson Pickups and JT-6.... There are multiple reasons that that´s my preferred Era [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also like some of the jackson pickups. (especially i.c.w. the boost circuit) But the pickups that were on this dinky I didn’t like. My friend didn’t like it that much either and replaced it with a seymour duncan pickup. The JT-6 is ok, but then I replaced it with an OFR.. The OFR got me much better sustain, better tuning stability, better control of ‘wanking’ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But then again someone else might prefer a JT-6 instead of an OFR. Altough I think that’s a bit weird. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

For the record: I’m not bashing the early Dinky’s. They are great guitars, also the blue crackle finish looks killer [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I just don’t dig the hardware (and some other aspects) you get for the $ you pay.

Tough I’m curious GodofRythm. Could you give me the specs of the early dinky’s you had in mind? Maybe it differs a lot from the dinky I’ve played. Also I don’t know a lot about the early dinky’s, this might be a chance to learn something. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X