JA0066 Has Arrived!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JA0066 Has Arrived!!

WOW! I owned JA0059 and miss it. If it was string-thru like your KILLER JA0003 I would have kept it. Congrats Dave! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

That sure is an awesome lookin' guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Archtops rule!
        Congrats Dave!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          oh, and I still have no idea what unlucky was trying to tell me...

[/ QUOTE ]
          Me neither, but I'd say he needs to put the crack pipe down! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn, even the headstock is art. Nice one. You have some great stuff Dave
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Great guitar Dave, I love that fretboard. Congrats bro!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

NICE!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]Oh damn, that fretboard IS gorgeous! Nice pics as always! Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    oh, and I still have no idea what unlucky was trying to tell me...

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Me neither, but I'd say he needs to put the crack pipe down! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

<font color="aqua">Thanks again fellers! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Damn, what an amazing guitar. Congrates!
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

at first i was impressed by the finish as the guitar was stood up - nice smooth colour finish. then you laid it on the floor and i didn't like it because the grain showed up. i also happen to hate dot inlays. i'm just voicing my opinion, that's all. i'd like these trans colours more if the grain didn't look like two pieces joined in the middle. and no, i don't take drugs. as i stipulated earlier, i'm very hard to please and that's probably why i've stuck with imports for so long. i've made a lot of expensive mistakes (bc rich being the main one!) and have since played it safe with my money when it comes to guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

<font color="aqua">I can totally understand about opinions and honestly, that's fine but the art of "bookmatching" (slicing it widthwise and opening it like a book and joining it at the edges) wood has been around for a very long time. It is very much like "tigers eye" where the grain changes as you rotate the guitar so it never looks the same in the light. I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it. A bookmatched set of quality maple that is properly aligned, joined and glued is a beautiful sight in my eyes.
                          </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thats at least an AAAA grade top Unlucky, better than you find on most any import. The paintjob looks fine to me and you can't ever judge a paintjob unless you see it in person cause of how light and the reflective surface of the guitar react. What is the body wood? Might be the light but it looks more like cherry than mahogany. That fretboard is wild, I dunno if its actually bubinga or what but its very cool. What a killer guitar!

Looking at the close up shots of the fretboard it looks like it could be Brazilian Rosewood, whatever it is you got a real winner as it has some nice figure and coloration. Interesting about the logo. Seems like a pretty unique guitar to me!

Almost any top on any guitar is going to be bookmatched UNLESS they paid alot extra for a one piece top, and typically those don't have the exceptional figure. Its about the size of the wood, the split the wood for a bookmatch because finding a single piece with exceptional and consistent grain is very very rare. The custom shop quote form says it with numbers. A bookmatched top (120 for a veneer up to 300 for a 3/4" top) is hundreds of dollars cheaper than a one piece flame or quilt maple. 900 for that. The irony is that the better the grain and the paintjob the more likely you are to "notice" the book match because of how much grain "pops". So the reverse is true of what you might think, I have a cheap import where you can't see the bookmatch on flame, but thats because the top is pretty low grade and isn't very visible. This isn't going to change your opinion of the look on these tops but I'd say to stay away from those trans finishes cause most anything is bookmatched. And its not just maple tops, flame koa, figured claro walnut, brazilian rosewood, just about any top with figure in it will be bookmatched like that.

Comment

that's great man! amazing guitar!

Comment

Very nice! Looks practically like a brand-new guitar. Enjoy 'er!
                                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                                X