Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pc-1 owners, what bridge pickup you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc-1 owners, what bridge pickup you use?

I was thinking of getting a les paul lately but I think the pc1 would serve me better overall. Do you guys keep the super 3 in there or what pickup has sounded just right with the pc1.(metal) Might pick 1 up used cause they are high priced.

Re: pc-1 owners, what bridge pickup you use?

I like the Super3 a lot.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I like the Super3 a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

I love that pickup so much, I ordered one with my custom shop.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

How much output does the super 3 pump out?

Comment

Hey guys a while back the Super3 was still on the Dimarzio.com site if i remember correctly? Why has it been taken of the site? Is there some other website where i can find a description (tonal aspects, soundclips, output etc.) of this pickup?

If not can someone who uses the super3 regularly give me a detailed description? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I suspect that's just an oversight. They're still pretty available.

As to tone, think modernized version of the original Super Distortion. Medium high output, more crunch, great mids.

P.S.- Sambencuda: I have two customs with Super3s in them. Nice choice. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks shreddermon!

I googled the super3 and found some other website covering the specs etc. of the super 3:

http://www.guitar.com.au/pickups/dim...rs/super3.html

<font color="blue"> Tech Talk:

The Super 3 has been getting the reputation for being a real workhorse for heavy metal. The top end is very dark (especially for a high-output pickup), but the low end isn't real muddy, so you can turn both bass and treble controls up on your amp to get both scream and crunch.</font>

So yes the super3 is perfectly suited for metal according to this description [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i didn't like the super 3. it "clashed" with the sound of my rivera m100, so i changed it out. one of my PC-1's (solar) has EMGs (85/SA/SA) running at 18 volts. before that it had a duncan custom/custom in the bridge and the stock electronics in the mid/neck. that sounded pretty good. the only reason i pulled it for the EMG's was the sustainer broke, and i had no EMG equipped guitars.

my euphoria has a dimarzio PAF pro in the bridge position. i like that better than the super 3.

the big thing i did not like about the super 3 is that i run my amp with a lot of mids and low treble. the super 3 pumped all the frequncies that i pump on my amp, so it was overkill....and muddy. since i use multiple guitars live, i keep the same amp setting and use different guitars for my different tones. the PC-1 with the PAF pro is perfect because it has some pumped mids but it has higher treble so it evens it out at my amp.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Wow, MD... I run basically the same thing, except I love it. My Shannon Soloist has a Super 3 in the bridge, and I run with extra mids and chopped treble on my amp, on top of the already boosted mids and chopped treble quality of the Super 3, hahaha. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If your Super 3 sounds weak and thin in the PC1, try a Duncan Custom 5. I haven't played a Custom 5 before, but I don't see the Super 3 being thin or weak, considering it has over 25K resistance and a huge mid-spike and more-than-adequate bass response.

Comment

Seymour Duncan Custom 5 - much better. More depth and tone and sustain.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Super 3 sounds perfect in my PC1.
                      I've put Super 3's in most of my guitars because I like the tone.
                      I use the Duncan Custom/Custom in my others as it's a bit hotter with more bottom end.
                      I'll soon have a single hum with a lone EMG 81 in it.
                      That will be my first guitar with an active pickup, so I can't help you there.
                      -Rick

Comment

I like the super3... I generally like the Duncan Distortion better, but wnated to keep the PC1s stock as they are signature guitars
                        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                        X