Can you guys help me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you guys help me out?

I've been checking out a certain SL2HT Custom shop L/E. I can't seem to find what the going rates are for these... it is used, but very good condition. What is a fair price? What would be considered a 'steal'? thx in advance!
    -Jon G

Re: Can you guys help me out?

custom shop or limited edition? If it's a custom shop guitar... new production dead mint, I'd say $1400-$1600, Limited... probably $1200-$1400. The steal would be the lower price range, or a bit under it....
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

is it this one by any chance
      web page if sow this is a little high in my mind [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Its not the one in that ebay ad, although very similar. It has a painted neck and is numbered 5/10. I'm not an authority on L/E or Custom shop stuff (obviously) and the guy's description says "Custom Shop Limited Edition". So I guess he has some info wrong. Looking at the Ebay ad, and the pics on this one, I'm guessing it's actually a L/E?
        pics: Body
        Headstock
        Headstock (back)
        -Jon G

Comment

Wasn't that one of Lloyd's runs? Thats a USA Limited run I believe not a custom shop run. a

Comment

I think that was a run VWall Guitars did.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

So concensus is 1200-1400? He's asking on the high end there.
              -Jon G

Comment

i don't see where you're making the differentiation; if that was one of the runs that lloyd did, it would be a custom shop limited run. same thing, imo.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That's one of the SL2HT's with painted necks. It'd say $1200-1400 is fair for one in good condition, definitly worth $1600.

I was to buy one from Ron, but one with the stripped necks (12 of those), I was to pay $1400, for that, so that's bang on, if you ignore the painted neck. Something came up though, so we called it off in good understanding.

Yes these were Scotts, I believe there was some kind of arrangement made, where Scott switched the bezels out for gold, so you had all gold hardware, at least with the stripped neck batch (not 100% sure though.).

And these ARE Custom Shops, I don't see why you differentiate either, if Fender brings out some Artist series and Gibson comes with another line of 'Custom Shop make Model xxx', then it's Custom Shop as well, but with Jacksons it doesn't seem to be this way? Eventhough there are 12 or a lot of times even less of these made (in comparison to greater numbers at aforementioned companies).
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Pardon my newbyness, who is Scott? And, wouldn't it say Custom Shop on the headstock if it were?

Btw, thanks for all the responses.
                    -Jon G

Comment

Scott is Vwall (guitars).

Comment

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/custom...?graphic_id=26

Come to think of it, seeing that, Scott's was indeed the 12 run (12 painted and 12 stripped), so this might very well be Lloyd's (GuitarXpress') run of 10 (duh [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ), still it's virtually the same.

And no it doesn't say 'custom shop', but you get the handwritten gold penned number on the headstock as a replacement.

$1200 would be a steal, imho.

Comment

Yep, that was Lloyds run. They were all nice guitars IMO.
                          I think Jackson did a great job on these as well as my current LTD trans purple run of 12 etc.
                          Excellent stuff.

oh and Im Scott (Vwall Guitars)
                          Welcome aboard!!!

Comment

Well I differentiate in terms of what I've seen Matt post about limited runs on USA models. Wood working etc. This run falls under that umbrella of "acceptable" changes for USA select pricing does it not? Hence I don't consider it to technically be custom shop. A custom shop is a full blown custom IMO. I don't think a text book definition really exists. They are after all all made in the same place are they not? The difference is pricing. This run should have been USA select pricing. I remember this as being one of Lloyd's because I very nearly bought one.

Comment

I figured it was one of Scott's run from the truss rod cover. Did Lloyd's run come with the engraved truss rod cover?
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X