My 1988 Jackson strat has arrived!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1988 Jackson strat has arrived!!

Alright, enough teasing, check out the pics.! I bought it from Torn666, whom I also bought my RR0640 from and I'm really excited! This Jackson strat, serial 5042, was made in 1988 (2-1-88 according to the trem cavity) and it is just as 80's as I want it to be

I guess that the neckplate is a left over from the San Dimas factory since this guitar should have had an Ontario neck plate.

It's in pretty good condition (some belt bucket rash and a little chip that has come off the back of the head, but otherwise relly nice) and it's a killer player I totally adore the maple fingerboard and the reverse headstock, and the single humbucker with volume control makes the guitar look really clean IMO. The neck is sweeeeet; not extremely thin but thin enough for me and really smooth. The paintjob is original and is called Double Silhoutte (stated in trem cavity) and feels really 80's to me Torn666 has changed from the original Jackson pickup to an EMG81 which fits me perfectly, and he also threw away the JT-6 trem that was in bad condition and installed a OFR instead.
    Enjoy the picks (sorry for the ba picc....) [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: My 1988 Jackson strat has arrived!!

1 hum, maple board, reverse headstock.. very nice [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    And I've never seen that graphic before !

Comment

Thanks!! I REALLY adore the reverse head + maple fretboard and single hum!

I havn't seen that grapic before either (except for in my psychology book in the chapter on pics. that can be interpreted in 2 ways [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Comment

Wow, I thought that grapfic was some sort of Chalice. LOL Sweet axe!!!
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Well, that's ONE way to interpret that graphics!

Comment

Well bring me a shrubberym I think we have found the Jackson Holy Grail

Nice guitar
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I just tried for about 4 minutes to try and look and see both the vase/grail and the two faces at the same time... never works, one or the other [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Awesome strat!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I just tried for about 4 minutes to try and look and see both the vase/grail and the two faces at the same time... never works, one or the other [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Awesome strat!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">cross yours eyes, just a little and it works [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nice guitar! - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Very nice. First im like who the hell would put a candle holder on a guitar as a graphic? Now I only see the faces.

Comment

That's awesome! very nice!

Comment

Great guitar, cool graphic! Congrats.

Comment

wow congrats, i really love that graphic and the maple fretboard

Comment

mmmmmm maple...... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm really excited; the maple fretboard looks totally killer (doesn't really show in the pics.) and it plays great!! I really like the graphics as well, especially after seeing the 2 heads and not only the candle holder [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice! Maple bolt-ons rule! 80s floyd and EMG complete that guitar IMHO.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X