$600 '88 Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $600 '88 Soloist

My brother Dave and I were in Sam Ash today in White Plains and walked out with a really nice 88 Soloist, all original (and with very little wear) for 600 with the original case. Dave actually got it; he won the rock/paper/scissors we played for it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Now, my only Soloists are '90 Pros, and they're frankly better than damn near everything I've ever played. But 600, doesn't that sound really low? This is a really sweet playing guitar, other than terrible intonation it was perfect. The salesman said they get about one in every month, from guys that bought them in the 80's and now want to trade them in on PRS's. We told the salesman, "Sure, let us know, we'll take 'em all!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    So my question is, is 600 with case for a fine original '88 a good deal or what? It's flat black with no graphic, but still....it's a hell of a lot of guitar for the money. LTD Les Paul copies are $750 at the front door, this is just sitting ignored.

jim
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Re: $600 \'88 Soloist

I think its a good score, right now Prs's and Les Pauls are the big craze compared to the shredder guitars...

Comment

I have an 88 soloist and I can tell you that is a great deal.
      Screamin

Comment

Sweet score!

Comment

I hope the ignorance continues, so we get all the candy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

You know, that's what I thought. The Soloist Pro's are approaching 500, and the USA ones sit at 600?! If we get any calls on these as promised I guess we'll grab 'em all and share the wealth here.

Comment

Only problem with an '88? It has a JT-6. Other than that, $600 is just insane for such a quality guitar.

Do you suppose that in another 20 years that all of these PRS guys will be complaining about how the walls are full of used ten-tops that nobody wants, now that the FutureGuitar 5000 is the hot thing? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I hope so! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

In WHite Plains?! That's amazing! They NEVER have anything there except garbage. BAck in the day they were great.

Comment

Jim, put me on you contact list for dirt cheap USA and Professional Soloists. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There are two things that show up in West Virginia...jack and shit. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I call music stores and pawn shops within a hundred or so miles radius every week or so, and still have yet to get a lead on any kind of decent Jackson or Charvel.

Comment

I was surprised to see it up there, but the salesman said it wasn't a rare occurance. He said he had a few Stratheads himself, and would be happy to call when these came in, as a fellow Jackson lover and all that crap. Seemed pretty cool to me. And I've also been going to that Sam Ash for about 30 years, and it was an amazing place back in the day, I just haven't been there foir a while. It used to seem like the center of the Universe for me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That's a great price! If they keep getting them in and selling for that price - then keep picking them up. I guess the next one would be yours since your brother got this one?
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

any pics?

Comment

Yeah, the next one will be mine if I can afford it. If I can't I'll grab it anywhay and throw it up here. I can take some pics tonight of this one as he left it with me (it needed a setup desperately, which he doesn't really do), it's pretty plain; flat black SL-1 layout with the three mini switches. It came with the original grey plastic case. It plays really nice; the original pickups sound much better than I thought they would. That trem though....that could stand replacing!
                            I'll add here that I have never, ever, gotten a decent deal on a pawn shop find. My brother Dave though, stuff flies out of closets and out from under beds and into his hands as he walks by. I'm sure I wouldn't even have seen this on the wall of the store if I was by myself. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X