Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some kelly questions and post pics

Hey all,
    although I am not new to these boards I recently rejoined the group.I currently only have a 92 gibson explorer but have owned about 20 or so jacksons over the years.can any kelly owners suggest a good model or post some pics.I seem to be leaning tword the one pickup string through bound body kelly.if anyone has any suggestion please help me out. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Some kelly questions and post pics

You'll have to keep an eye out for a KE1, but they pop on E-bay fairly regularly and go for around $1000 usually. If you can live with the Kahler fixed bridge, you get the benifit of having a volume knob that won't get in your way.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there was a KE-1T as well which was tunomatic instead of the Kahler...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm pretty sure there was a KE-1T as well which was tunomatic instead of the Kahler...

[/ QUOTE ]
        Yup. KE-1T are same specs with KE-1s except they have the TOM string-thru config. They still have the Friedman chickenscratch on the headstock too.

Comment

String thru USA Kellys are quite rare and don't pop up too often, and when they do, they usually go for a bit of scratch.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I can live with string through or kahler or even floyd doesnt matter.The explorer body shape is the only shape I am comfortable with but I am not happy with my gibson.I would rather try a kelly as I am a Big jackson fan

Comment

This is the last KE-1T that was on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Guitar-2001-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I wouldn't say a grand is "a bit of scratch" for a guitar like this. Kahlered ones go for even cheaper.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                This is the last KE-1T that was on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Guitar-2001-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I wouldn't say a grand is "a bit of scratch" for a guitar like this. Kahlered ones go for even cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am thinking that most JCF'rs missed that on ebay, as I did. I am not sure how I missed that one. I can tell you that if I had seen it the bidding would have went higher. Maybe it is just me though.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I can live with string through or kahler or even floyd doesnt matter.The explorer body shape is the only shape I am comfortable with but I am not happy with my gibson.I would rather try a kelly as I am a Big jackson fan

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've never played one, keep in mind that a Kelly will tend to neck dive a little bit on you. The KE1 is the only USA model I've ever picked up that suffers from it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I am thinking that most JCF'rs missed that on ebay, as I did. I am not sure how I missed that one. I can tell you that if I had seen it the bidding would have went higher. Maybe it is just me though.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Too bad. That should have ended up in the hands of a JCFer.

Comment

I have heard allot about the kelly takin a nose dive and thats the only thing that worries me.I dont want to sell my gibson then be dissapointed by the kelly

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I dont want to sell my gibson then be dissapointed by the kelly

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't think it is possible to sell a Gibson and be disappointed by an USA Jackson.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I have heard allot about the kelly takin a nose dive and thats the only thing that worries me.I dont want to sell my gibson then be dissapointed by the kelly

[/ QUOTE ]
                          I think that's more true about the neck-thru models. I had a bolt-on Professional Kelly XLR that didn't nosedive.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A bit even more rare than the KE1T, the KE2T...

Comment

my KE1 doesn't really dive at all. a leather strap also helps a bit. they have been surfacing quite a bit on ebay, and i bought this here from a forum member a few months ago...
                              Hear the universe scream
                              Bleeding from black holes
                              Whom horns careless
                              And whom God mourns

Comment

Working...
                              X