Trans Blue SLATQM!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trans Blue SLATQM!!

I'm glad you're happy with it Dave! I really wish I could have kept that one, but I have something cool coming that I need to free up some cash for. Dave, how do you like the mini hums? I love the way those sound.

[ QUOTE ]
    courious about how that neck feels? Is it smooth like a maple or can you feel the open grain of the mahagany?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played a few mohogany oiled necks and for the most part, they are pretty open grained compared to maple. They still feel nice, just different. this one has the smoothest mohogany oiled neck I have ever played. I think it will get that way the more you play it.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Dave, how do you like the mini hums? I love the way those sound.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="aqua">

I love them Jim, they're very "jazzy/bluesy" when clean but when you put a little juice to them they sound incredible. I think I would change the neck pickup to something a little more "hot" but I'd be being very nit-picky about that. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
      I've played a few mohogany oiled necks and for the most part, they are pretty open grained compared to maple. They still feel nice, just different. this one has the smoothest mohogany oiled neck I have ever played. I think it will get that way the more you play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">agreed completely Jim, nuthin like a good worn in neck eh? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks again - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Any time Dave! I'm glad it went to a good home and stayed in the family. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Awesome, Dave! I am so-o-o looking for a guitar like that! Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

My god, I already posted in another thread but there was a similar one on ebay a little while back and I'm now kicking myself for not going for it after seeing these pics.

Comment

Awaiting the one on eBay that I recently purchased although the neck is painted.I'm very curious to hear the pickups.My style is more blues classic rock although I did grow up with metal.Hope she sounds good through my Marshall HW 1974X.I have owned several Jacksons and charvels and now have become a Tom Anderson fanatic.I believe this one will be a keeper!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X