Guitar choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar choices

Hi guys I have decided to save my money to buy a relaly good guitar, I have nailed it down to three choices.

An ESP M-II standard Import in gun metal blue

An Ibanez JEM 7DBK

and a choice of three jacksons DK-1 SL2H, and SL1 havent decided the final colour on these yet, may go for a graphic or snow white.

if anyone has played all or most of these axes let me know of any pitfalls that are inherent with each axe, i live in the UK so the cahnace of finding a real ESP or USA jackson are slim to none.

cheers, owain

Re: Guitar choices

The closest I played to an esp was an old 80's kramer that was quite good. Of the Jacksons you mentioned I played and owned all but now have only a couple of dk1's cause to me its the best neck they make. Plus you get the added benefit of emg's and slightly cheaper in price.

Comment

I'd say your only three choices should be the three Jacksons [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] . I have an SL1 and LOVE IT. I have a DK2 and it's pretty good too. Sorry I haven't got much to compare but I will say that the SL1 is GREAT!!

Comment

Snow White DK-1, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... Have you seen the Snow White Limited Edition we have going in the Import Jackson section> Snow White-maple board-black dots-1 EMG 81-JT-580 Trem-Black Hardware-black Jackson Logo!! Talk to Kevin Easton, he had a few left for a killer price [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

the trouble is I wanted a high end guitar with duncans or EMG's I would prefer a twin hummer or hum single single.

I'll think about it I was trying to save for a better guitar, i'll think about it trouble is i live in the UK, so if anythign did go wrong, it'd be hard to get the guitar back to easton.

cheers, owain

Comment

yeah I was thinking the soloist would be a good route to go down, and I have a LTD, and the ESP is made in japan at the custom shop I think, but it's going to be a lot less if I get a Soloist from Easton guitars, but they have shipped to the UK before right, knoing my luck customs would stop it even though every thing was done right!

cheers, anyway. Owain

Comment

Well, I've owned all of the above except for a DK1 so I guess that I can give you my overall opinion on them.

The ESP is a really nice guitar, and I mean Japanese ESP and not the LTD models. The M2 is basically a bolt on with a trem of your choice(floyd or wilkinson) and a hum/single pickup combo. The neck profile is nice - kind of a cross between a Wizard2 and Soloist. New, I can think of better things to do with my money, used, a great bang for the buck.

The Jem has the black "tar" finish, which can never be dinged because you can you cover it up with a dot of black paint. It has a wizard neck, H/S/H pickups. Really a nice guitar, but I think it may be discontinued, so it will be tough finding one new. Used, they're not that cheap, but I love the way the guitar sounds (dimarzio breeds).

The Sl1 and 2H are the same except for pickup config. I've never played one that was bad or couldn't be made to play great. Lot of tones and if you go custom shop, lots of options. No need to praise these cause they speak for themselves.

Bottom line, try out as much as you can - make your own decision.

Later,
              Peter

Comment

thats the trouble I doubt i'd be able to find a SL2H or usa jackson in the UK, it's hard enough finding the imports!

but I think Easton will be getting an order for the SL2H in the near future!

cheers, owain

Comment

I say Jackson all the way!!!I also say there is alot of dealers out there that will give you just as good of a deal as Easton....just look around on the web.

Comment

a lot of people would disagree, but all 3 choices are good guitars. the Ibanez is playable and sounds good, but it's too expensive for what it is: a chunk of wood assembled by robots (not literally, but there is probably less "hand" work than on a jackson USA). the ESP is agreat playing and sounding guitar (i had several at one time). but again, it falls into the same category as the Ibanez. actually worse, because ESP has to make up its endorser money. if you're talking LTD, that's about as high end as a mexi strat in my book. what makes the USA jacksons so great to me is how high quality they are for a reasonable amount of money. save and get a jackson. don't be too worried about sending it back if something's wrong. those guitars are perfect out of the box (at least mine have been).
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X