KV2 Fret Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 Fret Question.

I just got my KV2 back from repair 3 months after being sent away.

Anyway I just got it out to play and I just realised the frets are as thin as the ones on my Les Paul. Horribly thin.

Now compared to my KE1 and SLSMG which have huge frets the KV2 seems strange to play.

I was under the impression they were jumbo frets, although its been that long since I played it after it died on me I couldn't remember what it was like when I first got it.

Is everyone else's like this?

Re: KV2 Fret Question.

According to this they now use jumbo frets. You'll have to click
    on specs. http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...tno=KV2_King_V

Comment

I think they've got the specs wrong. The KV2 has the smaller (medium jumbo) frets and always has, IIRC.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats what made me think. Because it even said Jumbo Frets when I origionally bought the guitar.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I remember Lloyd at Guitarxpress.com having something written about it on his site that they even had the smaller frets.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They are Jumbo frets, MEDIUM jumbo, not the typical FAT Jumbo type frets that most Jacksons come with...

That's where I lucked out... My Custom KV has the large fat Jumbos on them... I would have sold it if it didn't.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Darn it, since getting my KE1 I have gotten used to big fat jumbo frets and now going back to this feels wrong.

Guess I'll just have to live with it.

Comment

Not sure about what they use today...but my 2001 KV2 has thinner frets (certainly not jumbo like an RR1 or SL1)...

Comment

Working...
                X