Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the J 90 hum sound

What'ss Up
    I'm new to the board and I got a question for you guys. I'm looking at a Jackson with a J 90 in it.
    Can't play it just got pics. How do these pickups sound? Do they have alot of gain? I'm using mostly JBs now, how does it compare?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Re: How does the J 90 hum sound

well if your familiar with the band WASP, when they had Chris Holmes, thats what the J90's like. I'm told he used those a lot for his high gain sound in his Zebra Rhoads, and his other guitars/

p.s.-welcome to The great board, my brother [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

SA,
      Thanks for the reply. I'm not that familiar with that dudes tone, but I take it must have alot of gain. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If you're interested, here's a link to some Jackson lit on that pickup: Jackson brochure

The lit says that the J90C is a ceramic magnet pickup with the highest output of all Jackson pickups.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

John,
          Thanks for the info on the pup.
          Sounds good to me. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

The one in my stock '85 Charvel is a J90C. Its similar to a Duncan Distortion more or less. Has enough gain for me! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I just installed a J90B in the bridge position of my 86 Vee. I've not had a chance to play it thru my entire rig but from my practice amp, it sounded a little thin and tinny. I can't wait to hear it all cranked out. I'll update you later.

Welcome to the board.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Thanks for the replies [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Have one in a Charvel Fusion Custom. Pretty scary for a passive. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

ok, so which one came stock in my Charvel Model 2? Mine is the one with the JT-6 Trem. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Working...
                    X