Greetings, what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings, what is it?

Hey all, my first post here and I'm comin' at you all with the classic "I am an idiot and need to know what I have so when I sell it I won't get ripped-off or ask way too much and get folks all testy" questions. I have a Jackson that is part of a large collection of studio gear that has to be sold to accomodate a cross-country move. Don't have a clue what it is or what the value might be, and I will probably keep it as part of my core any way, but it has been bugging me long enough that I need to know and I bet someone here can fill me in so here goes:
    Strat-style body w/ a wierd red swirly-textured looking finish, bolt on 24 fret Maple neck with an oil finish, "Jackson" and "made in USA" on headstock, San Dimas neckplate with 68xx as the serial,H-S-S pickups with individual mini-toggles, one volume control, and a Schaller Jackson trem. The control cavity is engraved NO. 41 of 46 8/89 35th Anniversary Edition. I have a couple pics if anyone cares to see them, just send me your Email address. I replaced the stock humbucker (J-80C) but the rest is straight. Any info would be great, and I look forward to educating myself about all things Jackson/Charvel. Peace.

Z

Re: Greetings, what is it?

That sounds odd...email them to me at [email protected] and I'll stick them up here for you so everyone can take a look and give you some ideas.

Comment

35th Anniversary with a San Dimas plate #68xx [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] But I'm stupid too. When someone knowledgeable answers his post please explain to me why 35th Anniversary would be in the control cavity on a SD plate Jackson also? Plate #68xx, the guitar was definitely made in Ontario though...right just a leftover plate??

Comment

Oh yeah and welcome to the board [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Steve...you are right...the last plated San Dimas bolt on had #1505.....1506 and above are Ontario......

Comment

OK and and what about the 35th Anniversary in the cavity??? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I don't get it.

Comment

Guitar Center 35th Anniversary Ontario Strat (or Dinky). Sounds like Crimson Swirl paintjob, but that didn't come out till 03 and was only available on the DK-2 (import).
              Can't be a DK-2 mutt because of the mini-toggles.

Definitely email the pics to someone so we can see [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I dunno about that bro.....there is much I don't know about Jackson's....I have learned a lot from a lot of knowledgeable people...but this one I don't know [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

35 years has not past yet.Sounds like a San Dimas neck plate Ontario Jackson.I have 6583 its a 1 hum 87 Jackson strat.The made in USA should to the right of the "n" in the Jackson logo.It should fall into the 86-89 years of production.
                  The swirl paint job is a fairly new thing I'd bet its a G/C deal.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, I have Jackson plate #3510 which is a Jackson Dinky Strat, 2 hum, Kahler, white w/matching headstock rosewood/shark neck that is an 87'.

I mean, they are all Custom Shop guitars, just not the mythical San Dimas [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey...35th anniversary of Guitar Center maybe? Maybe it came out with that lightning bolt Star...who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                        Guitar Center 35th Anniversary Ontario Strat (or Dinky). Sounds like Crimson Swirl paintjob, but that didn't come out till 03 and was only available on the DK-2 (import).
                        Can't be a DK-2 mutt because of the mini-toggles.

Definitely email the pics to someone so we can see [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did a quick search on GC and their 35th anniversary - it was in 1999. If the "8/89" on Z's Jackson is August, 1989, then it's not tied to GC's 35th anniversary.

I guess the mystery continues... It will be interesting to see some pics.

By the way, welcome, Z! This place is really fun and informative. Keep active and enjoy the ride. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

it was indeed supposed to be for gc's 35th anniversary...one sold laste year i believe on ebay...the finish is similar to the crimson swirl but doesn't have the swirl effect, hence the marble look...they're absolutely beautiful...d.m.
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Pics???? You can email them to me at [email protected] and I can post them in this thread for you. That will definitely help ID the guitar. There are tons of people here who will have the knowledge to let you know.

Comment

Well here are a few pics...I'm drawing a blank as to what it is, but I do know that it looks like a rad guitar...I like it a lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X