News on RR 3xxx Serial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on RR 3xxx Serial

Hey! I'm the intrigued dumb with RR 3xxx serial. At this moment, I suppose that someone might by tricked the serial on this guitar. Why? Because numbers has no aligment between strings. This is supposed to be:
    |RR|x |x |x |x |
    But it's no aligment in my guitar serial.
    Question is: Pearl "Jackson" logo inlay & "Made In USA" in headstock + Ebony fingerboard w/pealr triangle inlays + Neck Thru w/binding, all this, ensures it is a RR1 USA?????
    The other extrange thing is that she Question: has a Schaller Germany Floyd Rose w/ Jackson stamp, but a khaler USA locking nut.

Re: News on RR 3xxx Serial

Do you have any pics of the guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by CZ V-KNIGHT:
      |RR|x |x |x |x |
      But it's no aligment in my guitar serial.
      Question is: Pearl "Jackson" logo inlay & "Made In USA" in headstock + Ebony fingerboard w/pealr triangle inlays + Neck Thru w/binding, all this, ensures it is a RR1 USA?????
      The other extrange thing is that she Question: has a Schaller Germany Floyd Rose w/ Jackson stamp, but a khaler USA locking nut.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm, that is kind of strange. RR3xxx would be a very recent model RR1, but Schallers were used on USA Rhoads from IIRC 1989 - 1992 (before they were called RR1). You said in another thread that this guitar is used, and you paid quite a good price for it. The serial stamping is weird, though. A Rhoads from the 1990 era would be around RR25xx. Remember that it's very unusual to fake a Jackson neckthrough. With the pearl logo and "Made In USA" on the headstock you are virtually assured it is in fact a USA Rhoads. Now we just have to pin down the year. A slight possibility is that the fretboard got replaced somewhere along the line and somebody tried to stamp a new RR # on the fretboard. Pics would be awesome, do you know how to post them? If not, go here, 5th post:

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=1;t=001244
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Pics Found Here!
        My JACKSON RANDY RHOADS USA

Comment

Pics arent very clear, but the locknut looks like a standard Schaller Floyd type to me.
          It looks like a standard production guitar apart from the EMGs.
          You can open the pick guard and check the pots for date codes taht might help dating the guitar.
          Check to see if there is any sign that the EMGs aren't original.
          My best guess is that they grabbed a RR prefix fretboard for a U0 guitar and the EMGs aren't original.
          I honestly don't think they suddenly made that many custom shop guitars between 01 and 04.
          (Previous post said serial # RR3889)
          Just a guess here.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Pulverizer:
            Pics arent very clear, but the locknut looks like a standard Schaller Floyd type to me.
            It looks like a standard production guitar apart from the EMGs.
            You can open the pick guard and check the pots for date codes taht might help dating the guitar.
            Check to see if there is any sign that the EMGs aren't original.
            My best guess is that they grabbed a RR prefix fretboard for a U0 guitar and the EMGs aren't original.
            I honestly don't think they suddenly made that many custom shop guitars between 01 and 04.
            (Previous post said serial # RR3889)
            Just a guess here.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">EMGs are original '60 & '81, logo color slightly vanished thou, checked (by luthier)at the time I refreted the axe (since it was used it needed new frets, so I put Dumlop's 6000). Pots are usually supplied with EMGs (250K I think), but I'll check and tell you tomorrow.

Comment

Take a damn good picture of the serial number and post it. No way in hell it's RR3889.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, those pics are lousy! You been taking lessons from Toejam? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Let's see better pics of the headstock and nut....and of course the serial #.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, it's gotta be like at least 10 years old.

Comment

Working...
                  X