SLATQH with trem???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLATQH with trem???

I have an SLATQH and it is so precisely what I would order as a custom that I'm curious if a surface mounted tremelo could be fit to one. If it could I would probably part with my SL2H and buy another SLATQH to replace it with because I don't want to be without a trem fitted axe. I don't know much about different tremelos so whats the skinny...is the OFR the cats meow of hardware? Also feel free to voice your knowledge pertaining to what the tonal difference from stock would be as in various pros/cons etc..

Re: SLATQH with trem???

It would work. The SlatQH is nothing more than an Archtop Soloist, just in a string-thru version. There are plenty of archtop Soloist/Dinky guitars out there with Tremelos.

Matt

Comment

I'm with ya. The SLATQH is about 95% of what I would order from the Custom Shop. Add a Floyd, and I'd forget the few remaining details (24.75" scale, 1H slanted, KV2 Speed Neck profile).

I asked some dealers if they would be willing to retrofit a Floyd Rose onto a SLATQH for me at added cost, but noone wanted to do it. I was told the neck angle is wrong, etc., and it would not be feasible.

Jackson, if you're listening, please offer a SLATQHFR (FR = Floyd Rose)!

As an alternative, you might consider an early 90s Jackson Archtop Soloist Professional, or a Charvel 750 XL.

Comment

quicksilver the only difference between the standard offering and a custom order for me would be 24.75" scale length....literally that's it. I figure a $1000.00 difference in purchase price just isn't worth the 3/4".

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
          I asked some dealers if they would be willing to retrofit a Floyd Rose onto a SLATQH for me at added cost, but noone wanted to do it. I was told the neck angle is wrong, etc., and it would not be feasible.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wouldn't the neck angle only be wrong if you were putting in a recessed Floyd? I thought the neck angle for guitars with TOM bridges was the same for non-recessed Floyds.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X