Re: Custom Shop Jackson

Sweet, I like the PC headstock.

Comment

It looks great man.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

that is fucking killer!!!! what kind of estimated build time did they give you?

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I wonder how long something like that will take? That's awesome looking.

JE

Comment

She's a beauty!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Where did you mock that up? The forum's generator only does KV and Rhoads right?

Comment

Dude.. as long as you have photoshop, there are enough guitar pictures out on the web to pretty much mock up anything. The generator makes it quick and easy, but don't let that limit you to what you can mock up for the custom shop. The magic wand in photoshop is a great tool!

She's a beauty!!! Where did you mock that up? The forum's generator only does KV and Rhoads right?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Only thing I'd change is the logo to Charvel! Just as more of a tribute.

Comment

Yeah, the Charvel logo makes sense.

Also, looking at it again it seems the body takes on the appearance of the Ibanez Voyager that Reb designed, the way the black part at the back disappears into the black background? Funny stuff.

Vic

Comment

That is one killer axe, congrats, when you get her in post some pics.

Comment

Awesome!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I think it would also look cool with a reverse headstock, but it looks great either way. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thank you all. I am traveling for the next few days when I get back home I will post on how I made the mockup. It was a combination of things.

I like some of the ideas presented. I didn't realize how agonizing some of the decisions are. I probably won't have this opportunity again.

Thanks again.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

As promised. Here is a run down on how I created the mockup.

I first went to the Soloist Guitar Builder on Kisekae. I selected the body and created the base sunburst pattern. I then right clicked and zoomed into the flash app and took a screen shot so the guitar was big. I made it a white background so I could extract the body out of the screenshot. This became the base image I started with.

I then selected the one of the figured maple tops and took a screen shot of that as well. I put that into a new layer and set the blending mode to Darken. This gave me the flames overlayed a bit.

After extracting the black tiger stripes from a picture of George's guitar I cleaned it up so I had a transparent layer. It was just the black stripes.

The figerboard was taken from the Jackson PC1 image, the big one. I just cut that out of the picture and scaled it to size. I think I may have adjusted the levels a bit to get the flame to stand out a bit. Same goes for the headstock. I did a bad paintjob for the headstock on a seperate layer.

All the other items were extracted from Kisekae. I set the body to be white and added pickups and trems then cut them out and added them a layer at a time. Same for the knobs and switches. The abalone dots were extracted from the 25th Anniversery Charvel Guitar. I extracted one and copied it many times.

All of you had some real good suggestions. I am at the point where I think I could tweak it to death. I may still make some minor changes. At this point I am waiting to hear back from Kevin who is waiting to hear back from Jackson. I want to order this soon.

Sorry Electric Phase, I didn't mean to steal your idea. I really agonized on what to do when I realized I had the opportunity to order a Custom shop.

Thank you all. There will be Pics! Lot's of them when I finally get this thing.
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

That's a really creative guitar. I like the fact that it shows a "tip of the hat" to Lynch but also incorporates other unique ideas, instead of just rehashing one of his old axes. Great work on Photoshop and piecing your picture together.
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Absolutely killer!! Wouldn't change a thing! I also like George Lynch and think that is a fantastic tribute!!!! Wish it was gonna be mine instead of yours. Enjoy!

Comment

Truely remarkable

Comment

Working...
                                X