Looking for a new axe, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new axe, need advice

OK, as some of you know, I recently got my first charvel and was completely blown away by it's playability. Not only that, I was floored by its sound as well. I never expected to like the clean tone of a 650xl or similar charvel/jackson. My only problem is that I really like playing without a trem most of the time and now that I have the charvel I don't like the sound of my Gibson SG as much.

What I am looking to do is add an axe to fill the gap. I want a soloist body style, 25.5 scale neck thru 22 or 24 fret, archtop is cool if I can afford one, with 2 hums or H/S/S would be cool for a little more options sound wise. What would you guys suggest? I really don't care if it has the pointy or other style headstock. I would want it with a bound neck and any type of fretboard would be cool.

I was gonna pay the loot for a nice LP, but I think I would much rather have a Jackson.

Chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Re: Looking for a new axe, need advice

DKMG or SLSMG.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A double-cutaway Jackson without a trem? Simple! DKMGT or SLSMG for a great Japanese Jackson. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Or you can go with the SL2HT or SLATQH for a string-thru USA. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I wanted to try a US jackson. Will the SL2HT or SLATQH have the same type of neck as the 650xl?

Chuck
        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

SLATQH...neck similar to an SG. You can't go wrong with one of these guitars.

Comment

SLATQH all the way! I have owned 2, the third is on the way. Some SLAT players say the neck is "thick". It's not much different than my SL1. Since the early/mid 80's, I have had 20+ USA Jacksons. IMHO it's the best "production" guitar Jackson has ever built. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

SLATQH's are great, i got one a lil wile ago and its a great instrument.

i havent found the neck to thick and im a ibanez jem player

Comment

Working...
              X