Jonesing for an SLS.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonesing for an SLS.......

Hi all....first post, long time observer and USA Jackson nut.

My current guitars are:

SL2H Lightning w/ EMG's (85/60)..this was my introduction to Jackson....shredder

SLATQH Tobacco Burst w/ stock pickups....rhythm/solo....my favorite and consistent ,"go to".

Les Paul '57 RI Goldtop w/ JB bridge & '59 neck....my Reverend Gibbons wannabe rhythm/ solo/Jazz/ Blues instrument.....

Amps as follow:
    Marshall DSL 50
    Mesa MK IV
    Mesa Rectoverb

Mark IV is all around favorite w/V30's

Music Style= Megadeth, ZZ Top, Dream theater, Maiden and more Megadeth.

I'm just trying to give a clear picture of my tastes, that's why you get all of the above.

I have never seen or played an SLS and really hate the idea of buying unseen or unplayed. Using a different pick bothers me more than a different neck shape but I must say I'm partial to the neck of my SL2H. I love warmth, punch, clarity , and sustain from my guitars...can anybody share there knowledge on these guitars relating to my rig and my hopefully apparent style as in ...would it fit?

I try to buy carefully because as a general rule once I got into relatively high end guitars, I do not sell them. The only other issue I'm having trouble with is a color choice...I think I want either Natural or Burnt Cherry Burst but I am open to others as well so if it's not too much trouble...bring on the pics.

Re: Jonesing for an SLS.......

I would like to make a contribution to the forum..There is a NEW SL2H w/ pile o' skulls graphic on ebay for a BIN price of $950.00...this is an absolutely smoking deal and the seller has great feedback as well, somebody should scoop this up before I do. Item # 3717244070 .

Comment

nice.

Comment

Well all purchase prior feedback is moot because in typical hair up the ass fashion, I have placed an order for an SLS in Amber Burst so in 3 or 4 months I will have an opinion.

Comment

Cool. Let us know how it plays when you get it. I don't know if anyone here owns one yet. Not sure if anyone's played one yet either.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I'm psyched on the SLS's as well. Definitely post pics and you opinion on their feel, etc.

I hope you get a jones for a SLATQH... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I hope you get a jones for a SLATQH...

As indicated above I have one, it has been pretty well covered on this forum but I can say that my SLATQH is the best feeling/playing/sounding axe I know of. One would think my Goldtop would receive all of my attention but no it's the SLA that gets most. For anybody that may be on the fence with an SLA....just buy it and you'll never regret it. Speaking for mine...it is dark sounding with great bass response and I would equate its neck shape to an SG only better.

Comment

A friend of mine, Jake, just got 2 of the SLS
                spalted maple soloist in his store ...they are awsome. He has #2 and #4. He also has a Roswell Rhoads that is pretty sweet. Here is a link to the pics: Willoughby Music

Comment

Working...
                X