No announcement yet.

A couple of questions. . .(Easton "SG")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions. . .(Easton "SG")

Hello there!

I did a number of forum searches (yay for me, where's my Bozo button?), but couldn't find some info I wanted. In this pic, there's a skullpile SG-type Jackson. Now, aside from the tasteless inlays, this guitar is awesome. I would like to know a couple things:

1. Is that body shape availible from Jackson still? And if so, what's its' name?

2. What exactly is the name of that graphic?

3. What about the headstock, is that a no-go?

Thanks for your time, reading this and all.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: A couple of questions. . .(Easton "SG&quot

Originally posted by GiantBaba:
    I did a number of forum searches (yay for me, where's my Bozo button?)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: A couple of questions. . .(Easton &quot;SG&quot

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You're killin' me, man! But, hey, I've got a button now! Beat that!

Comment

Comment

I believe that was a shape Pat Lachman had them build for his signature model when he was still in Halford. But that was prior to Fender, and then he left the band.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Oh yeah, Gary, I couldn't remember where I saw that!

Originally posted by GiantBaba:
            1. Is that body shape availible from Jackson still? And if so, what's its' name?

2. What exactly is the name of that graphic?

3. What about the headstock, is that a no-go?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1. Well, if Gary is correct, then it'd be considered a Lachman Signature. There is a possibility that Jackson will not do it (depending on if Lachman has the rights to it - remember Mustaine and his Y2KV shutdown order?)

2. Pile O' Skulls. Although that would be probably be a FULL Pile O' Skulls. Here is what the stock PSKL looks like:

http://www.guitarasylum.com/productp...2_posk2001.htm

3. See #1

Comment

OK. Dang. I love Jacksons, but it seems nearly all my favorite shapes are a pain to get made, or are discontinued altogether. I'll figure something out. . .

Any more info is welcome, in case anyone else knows anything.

Thanks, RacerX and VitaminG!

Comment

Have you tried asking Kevin Easton?

Comment

....You know, you'd think I would have thought of that. Umm, no I haven't, lol [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] . I don't know if I wanna bug him, but perhaps I shall. I should just ask him if that shape is still available?

Comment

He's actually a very cool guy. Bottom line, you saw the guitar on his site....he should be able to answer your questions about it. If not, he should find out from JCMI. Tell him I sent you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Also, try a search for "Lachman". I'm pretty sure somebody posted a small pic of the Lachman Signature guitar here in the JCF. In the meantime, here's a funny pic of Rob coming up behind Pat onstage:

Look Out, Pat!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                        [q] Tell him I sent you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [/q]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ha! He'll ignore me for sure, then [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Well, I was just reading through the Easton Guitars website, and apparently, Pat Lachman is a friend of Kevin Easton, and is now with "Damageplan". So... he's in a band, at least.

Comment

Naw, I'm trying to send him some biz, so when I go to spend money with him, I'll get buttered up! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pat also has his own project, Diesel Machine. Interestingly, he's the vocalist (not guitarist) for DamagePlan.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                            Naw, I'm trying to send him some biz, so when I go to spend money with him, I'll get buttered up! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I'll make sure to lead him on for about a year and a half on a custom order, then flake out on him and buy an ESP. I'll make sure to use your name a lot, and to tell him you told me ESP was better. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info. Email has been sent to Kevin. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                              I believe that was a shape Pat Lachman had them build for his signature model when he was still in Halford. But that was prior to Fender, and then he left the band.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Correct. BTW, Pat just recieved those axes in Feb, IIRC. A buddy of mine in SoCal barely managed to solve their extreme Head-heaviness, 24 Frets and an SG-style don´t mix well [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Although with Dime doing 90%+ of the work in Damageplan, they don´t get much use anyway [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X