Nedd a little help pricing a CS Kelly, OLD School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nedd a little help pricing a CS Kelly, OLD School

I have a chance to buy this, but I'm a little reluctant, can anyone give me an idea what it's worth?

As always, thanx!

Pat

J4947 ( I think )

Re: Nedd a little help pricing a CS Kelly, OLD School

It's not really a route per se, it comes up flush with the paint layer, so it's not recessed. I didn't have my camera, so I was at the mercy of some POS.

Anyway, the back route looks right and very clean.

So, if it were a mod or repair, any idea in value? Dude wants to sell it today and no patience, so... I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 - $500, am I in the right ballpark?

Pat

Comment

Maybe just a little north of there. But not much. That's just MHO of what I'd be willing to pay, though.

Comment

That floyd route was pretty rare, but I've seen a few factory routes like that. Essentially, it's a surface mount floyd, but with a recess behind the back area of the bridge allowing for more pull-back room. My Fusion is the same. The Kahler locking nut is definitely not original though.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I think the guy had a Schaller on there for a while, and was nudged to put the original back on.

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth:
            .. I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 - $500, am I in the right ballpark?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I may not know much, but sounds awfully cheap for an interesting '88 USA neckthrough w/ sharkies. $550 - $700 would be my range estimate.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Um, FYI, I have personally held - and one member of the JCF (Matt Crooks) owns - a Rhoads with a JT6 and the Kahler Floyd-style nut from the factory, so it's possible it's original. I've also seen that route on a Soloist with a JT6. It sounds more like an '89 than an '88, though, with that stuff.

(Pics won't load for me, so I can't judge from them...)

Mike
              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Some of the pics are loading for me, but I can't see the rest. That Kahler lock nut could very well be stock from Jackson. And as others above have said, even that route for the trem was standard. Is there a headstock picture? Usually the 1989's had the slightly smaller logo, that's why I ask. Killer axe, and for $500 or better you should take her home.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

That is almost a dead-ringer for my old Hamer Scepter...
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

For you guys that can't see the images, replace "strangletooth.com with 64.37.123.129

http://64.37.123.129/images/kelly_10.JPG

Looks like a DNS issue somewhere, I don't really use that domain now, so it may not be config'd properly with our DNS servers...

Thanx again all!
                    Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth:
                      It's not really a route per se, it comes up flush with the paint layer, so it's not recessed. I didn't have my camera, so I was at the mercy of some POS.

Anyway, the back route looks right and very clean.

So, if it were a mod or repair, any idea in value? Dude wants to sell it today and no patience, so... I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 - $500, am I in the right ballpark?

Pat
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would grab it for that price, she being a neck-thru already cover most of the price. But judging by the pictures, i reckon she's in need a good touchup and setup.

Just my two cents
                      Fong

Comment

Pat, I only see red x's and no pics. What am I doing wrong?
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Pics are working fine Joe. It's beautiful, I love the red accents and logo! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, I think there are others who would be able to help you better than I would Pat. Good luck though, she's stunning.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Recessed JT 6?
                            That doesn't look original.
                            That floyd route and lock nut look strange too.

Comment

Well, the story is that the posts were cracked, or the wood anyway, they were filled and the original trem was put back on. It's very solid now and the original build is correct, just a repair job it appears.

It has a few healthy nicks and dings, but other than that, it's a sweet axe. I have no clue what I'd do with it if I got it, I may send it to Sulle and let him work his magic if he's got some time.. Just need to get an idea of value, in this condition..

Thanx!
                              Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X