Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the big price difference?

Hello,

I just joined the forum yesterday. I also just became a recent Jackson owner so I figured I'd learn more about my most recent purchase.
    I grew up in the 80's and love the metal music from that period. I always wanted a Jackson, but could never afford one as a teenager.
    I've been through a zillion guitars through the years and really considered a Jackson.
    Anyway,I seem to recall that the American made neck-thru guitars the Jackson made were around the $2,000.00 area during the 80's.
    I just bought a brand new all black SL2H for just a little more than half that amount and the quality seems much better than what was made during the 80's.
    How come Jackson's prices have come down so much? It's incredible what a guitar I just bought for the money. I'm one very happy guitar owner now.

Thanks

Re: Why the big price difference?

Don't question the low prices, just keep buying while the prices are awesome. I really think in about 10 years, Jacksons are going to be sought after like Les Paul's and then they will be about $2000-$2500 street price. As soon as this "punk kid retro crap" fades away, kids are going to want to rock again and thus buy up all the Jacksons!
    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Brian

Comment

...But they won't be able to 'cause we will own all of them...mwhuaaaahahaaaaHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome rattojack, I also am a product of the eighties. I never thought back then that I would own a Jackson. Now you can get 'em for two hundred dollars. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

NAFTA happened.

Comment

Remember that during the '80s all Charvels and Jacksons were technically custom orders. If you wanted any Jackson before '86 you had to pay custom pricing. With the introduction of the USA Select line in 1990, guitars were made in batches, which keeps the prices a lot lower. A custom order today would still cost you over $2K like it did back then.

Comment

Working...
            X