Here is the 1987 gem I was talking about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the 1987 gem I was talking about

Can soneone tell me if it looks like the electronics are disconnected? It obviously had active, but no longer. This thing is absolutely flawless, any comments?

Shawn

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: Here is the 1987 gem I was talking about

Wow, I am jealous. I love white guitars. Congrats. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] As far as the electronics, it does look like it has been tampered with. It looks like they disabled the last pot and made the middle pot the tone control.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm sure someone will chime in that's more knowledgable than me but, I believe the last knob was for a midboost- active curcuit which unfortunatly hasn't followed the guitar to it's new owner! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

i'd have to agree, there is no circut board [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I appreciate the info, why would someone disconnect the active circuit?

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

they might have used it in another axe [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] here is a 91 soloist with the circut board still in it. the vol. knob is soldered to the circut board also,and the vol. and tone knob are smaller and a dif. value than the one that controls the circut.
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by ManyAxes:
              to it's new owner!
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What a beautiful babe... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn! it was only a matter of time... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, a USA Jackson Model 5 [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn:
                      I appreciate the info, why would someone disconnect the active circuit?

Shawn
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some people simply don't like active guitars. I once had my Kamikaze modded with a tone knob, 5 way and extra single coil making it HSS. This was done by Dana Sutcliffe while I was in college. I also had him add a fantastic preamp. It was great. I then got tired of the sound and had it disconnected. Now I have preamps in 4 of my 11 guitars, 2 BC Richs and 2 Fenders

Comment

VERY cool! GREAT score [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X