Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR5 vs RR1

[ QUOTE ]
    i would like to replace all the gold hardware with black, but i cant find a black V-plate and pickguard for the life of me

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a set directly from Jackson. Also, Budman on this board might be able to make them for you...
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I had someone bring an RR5 into the studio to record. It sounded like muffled ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't like the wood the Japanese are using, either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so. I have an early 90s import Soloist that sounds and plays great. I don't dislike the Japanese guitars, just the RR5.
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I had someone bring an RR5 into the studio to record. It sounded like muffled ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't like the wood the Japanese are using, either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so. I have an early 90s import Soloist that sounds and plays great. I don't dislike the Japanese guitars, just the RR5.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, it's funny, I played several different guitars in that line - the Soloist and a couple of Rhoads - and the all sounded like crap compared to the US versions. I never did figure that out, 'cause most of the Japanese bolt-ons sound fine...
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

For me, the neck-thru imports that sound "muffled" are the ones with poplar wings. My Model 5 needed really bright pickups to bring it alive, while my USA Soloist with alder wings sounded much more alive with just the stock Jackson pickups, let alone pickups that don't suck. Bolt-ons add a lot of brightness and attack, which is why even a basswood body can sound halfways decent.

The Professionals from the early nineties also sound really good. I guess they were getting their wood from the same source as USA's at that time. It could be one of a million different things, but I've noticed the same thing, Mike. I have several bolt-on imports, but I no longer really play my import neck-thrus. Maybe I should just sell them off.

Comment

Working...
          X