"Phoenix" restoration progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Phoenix" restoration progress

As some of you may know, I acquired a beaten and battered Soloist in December. Trem cavity was filled with Bondo, a T-O-M was mounted, and it looked like (one of) the previous owner(s) also started to rout for a Single coil at the bridge (as if there wasn´t enough space in a HB Rout, LOL).

I thought I had already posted the WIP pics, obviously I forgot and only posted them at home on the SD Forum [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Either way, here they are. Original color was Ferrari red, SN J 4337 if anyone wants to find out more about it´s history and tell me, graphics are in progress....

Note the holes left by the tailpiece and bridge, these will be covered bs the Graphics and Trem/Pickup ring, respectively [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The slight masking error on the right has since been corrected [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

...And the original stamp and pencil/ pen work is still intact, even after removing all that crap outta the cavity (Hey, I´m not the Hack, the guys that worked on it beforehand were. Nothing personal, should they be reading, but I´ve definitely seen more professional work. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Now she´s sitting around at Hardy´s place waiting for her grafix [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: "Phoenix" restoration progress

Looking good. What graphic are you putting on?

Comment

Re: "Phoenix" restoration progress

Originally posted by JimmyApollo:
      Looking good. What graphic are you putting on?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good question.

Hardy is working on something unique, when he has 3 or 4 ideas we´ll sit down with a keg of Rothaus and a bag of weed and then I´ll know more [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: &quot;Phoenix&quot; restoration progress

I bet it'll be a beautiful guitar when you're done with it. Keep us informed.

Comment

Very interesting zerbs.....can't wait to see her done!

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
            Very interesting zerbs.....can't wait to see her done!

Dave->
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same Here [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

As soon as the Grafies are done, I´ll finally get back to you on those JT-6 posts and the Pickup rings, btw [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Zerb,
              If you have any "before" pic's, you should post them. A lot of the guys will remember it when it was on Ebay. What pup's are you going to put in? I know you like the SD Custom.

Comment

Nice work Zerberus. I envy someone who takes the time to do something like this right. Can't wait to see it when you're done.
                Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Junior:
                  Zerb,
                  If you have any "before" pic's, you should post them. A lot of the guys will remember it when it was on Ebay. What pup's are you going to put in? I know you like the SD Custom.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unfortunately, I forgot to nab those before eBay erased the auction [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Pickups are gonna be an EMG 85 and 2 SAs [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X