Finding out more about a USA Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding out more about a USA Jackson

Oh Yeah, The Headstock is flamed as well, didn´t the production ones have black headstocks? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Finding out more about a USA Jackson

Well, the only info I have for you on this one is that I am jealous.....very, very, very jealous. Like a little kid watching another little kid eat candy but having none himself jealous [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Congrats on the score !! It seems to me for whatever reason the AT-1 isn't overly popular but it's on my list after I search out a USA SLS. Awesome guitars !

Now...... OUT WITH THE PICS !!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Finding out more about a USA Jackson

Hi dudes

I recently acquired a Jackson AT-1 (Like, Sunday, isn´t even here yet [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ), serial Number 003140.

Blue Flamed top, 3 on a Side, Wilkinson VS-100 and IIRC Armstrong pickups came stock on those. Pristine condition, was hanging on the original owner´s wall [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] . He sold her to me ´cause he never played her and had to pay bills [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

BUT, it (supposedly) has a custom shop certificate instead of the "standard" ones (he couldn´t find it offhand, but is packing it in the case). The Serial Number would date it to mid-late ´96, but IIRC the AT-1 didn´t "go into production" until ´97. The axe also looks strangely famililar, as if I´ve seen her before. But the only AT-1 I ever played or seen first hand was ´97 at the Franfurt Musikmesse. I instantly fell in love with that axe, btw.

Is there any way to find out more about this axe, like maybe an e-mail address for Jackson USA? I´ve been surfing the site for years, and the lack of a contact address never bothered me. Until now [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Any ideas? It´s not gonna kill me not to know, but I´m VERY curious at what exactly I snagged here [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Zerb,

How's your "Phoenix" guitar coming out?

Comment

Pics of the AT-1 will come as soon as I have it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Phoenix is coming along, Hardy has her right now for the Graphics. But you´re right, I can show you the Basecoats (Pics approx. 1 Month old] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

When she gets back, I´ll only need to spray clear, sand, spray clear and Buff [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Still needs a pickup ring, cover plates and the JT-6 posts, though. But I´ll get to Budman on that soon, as soon as I know what the Axe finally looks like so I know which ring will look best [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

my AT-1 is a 1996 i have always been told it was 96 to 98 production, it also has a matching headstock.

look like yours? http://community.webshots.com/album/113468742EuVshK

Comment

Originally posted by disassociative1:
              my AT-1 is a 1996 i have always been told it was 96 to 98 production, it also has a matching headstock.

look like yours? http://community.webshots.com/album/113468742EuVshK
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, like a Twin Sister [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

So Looks mine is probably just standard production after all. Oh well, still a great axe [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

yep i love mt at-1 its a great guitar, im not to much of a fan of the stock pups realy, sound a bit lifeless to my ear.

havent got round 2 changing them yet.

anyone have any idea why the at-1 is so undervalued?

Comment

It's undervalued because it's not a raging pointy Metalhead Jackson, and because it's a Jackson [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

everyone seems to like the slatqh's and soloists in general there not pointy........infact they are the same as the AT-1's.

infact saying that, most people i talk 2 say they would realy like an AT-1 if they could find one.

its very odd to me lol

Comment

Working...
                    X