"raised" frets on a Korina KV1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "raised" frets on a Korina KV1?

Just wondering why the frets on my Korina KV1 are so “raised”. They are really high compared to a Mustaine KV2 I used to play. I have never played another Jackson where the frets were so “tall”. Anyone know why? They are much taller than any other Jackson I have owned or played. Was this something to do with the Korina option? I don’t remember the year off hand, I would have to look at the hand tag. It is between 2000-2002 though.

Re: "raised" frets on a Korina KV1?

As far as I know, its because the distance between the frets on KV1's is shorter.. so it would make sense that the frets aren't wide and flat as on other Jacksons with wider fret spaces. I could be wrong though, I don't really pay attention to KV's much.

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

...Anyway. IIRC, KVs have come standard with "tall, skinny" frets for a very long time now. I believe Jackson refers to them as medium jumbos. (As opposed to true "jumbos".) Not sure of the exact fretwire #. I had a Y2KV that was the same way, too. I believe it was standard for that model, too.

As to your old KV2 not having them, there could've been exceptions. And it might've been custom ordered that way. But most aren't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
        As far as I know, its because the distance between the frets on KV1's is shorter.. so it would make sense that the frets aren't wide and flat as on other Jacksons with wider fret spaces. I could be wrong though, I don't really pay attention to KV's much.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If the spacing between the frets were shorter, then it would have a different scale length. Both the KV1 and KV2 are 25.5"

Comment

Re: &quot;raised&quot; frets on a Korina KV1?

The Mustaine kv2 was pretty used, maybe they were worn down a little, where as the Korina is hardly played. The Kroina is so light it is great to play standing up, my shoulders don’t start to ache like usual.

I have been thinking about putting a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and using it as my main guitar. I am just a little worried about finding someone I can trust in my area to do the swap. I don’t want it wrecked!

Comment

Working...
          X