Poplar on new RR's and Soloists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poplar on new RR's and Soloists?

I was just checking out Kevin Easton's site when I noticed that some of his Soloists and most of his RR's, King V's and Warriors are now made with Poplar bodies. Is this something new from Jackson? And if so is there a difference in tone compared to Alder? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Re: Poplar on new RR\'s and Soloists?

Alder is quite similar, tone-wise, to alder, so I wouldn't worry too much. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks alot,man! I was beginning to worry there. Guess my Jackson buying days are still very much alive! 7 Soloist's and 1 PC1 and counting!!! WOOHOOO!! I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!!

Comment

Most of the old Jacksons and Charvels were made with poplar. As NOTP said, they are similar in tone, though sometimes poplar weighs a little more. I didn't realize Jackson was going back to poplar again on some stuff.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
          Alder is quite similar, tone-wise, to alder, so I wouldn't worry too much. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry PRIEST, did you mean poplar is quite similar to alder?

Comment

Ok here is a question for you. I know my Shannon Soloist was done to the 80's specs, but did they use Poplar like in the 80's or Alder? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

The Shannons were poplar.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks Toejam! I figured they were, since all the 80's jackson neck thru guitars were. But I didn't want to ASS U ME after reading that other thread that was moved. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry PRIEST, did you mean poplar is quite similar to alder? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Son of a biatch... looks like I'm the one taking the bong-hits tonight. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That is quite embarrassing indeed. At least you knew what I meant! Thanks man. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

It's all good PRIEST! Thanks for all your help,man! Really appreciate it. This HIT's for you! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Bonghits! Bwahahahahaha! Nice name! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Don't mind RacerX here... first thing he does after analyzing someone's name (like so many hilarious Ebay usernames pointed out) is that he will kung-fu your ass with spelling/grammar corrections unless he dispatches his grammar deputies on you. Fortunately, I type RIL GEWD and have only been caught by him once, and I've caught him once too. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

And welcome to the forum, I might add! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! Always good to be around fellow Jackson/Charvel players. Here's to a lifelong correspondence and to everybody's health. Music has indeed enriched my life. May it does the same to yours. PEACE [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Hee hee! I get to break out the MotO!

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                            Alder is quite similar, tone-wise, to alder,
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NOTP, I hereby dub thee

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Back to the subject (Poplar), isn't it a soft wood? Making it more suceptable to dents?

Junior

Comment

Working...
                              X