Custom Shop Dinky has landed !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Dinky has landed !!!

First I want to say Ray (ManyAxes) is a stand up, great guy. He had first shot at this guitar and took it. I offered him his purchase price PLUS a finders fee if he would sell it to me. He kindly said thanks but I'm keeping it. Well the stars lined up and karma hit because he changed his mind !!! He offered it to me for the purchase price [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] when he could have easily made a few bucks. Here is to you Ray [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I assume this is a custom shop because I have never seen anything like it.

25.5" scale
    Fusion Style lower horn
    Birdseye Maple Neck w/ ebony fins
    Neck profile feels more like my Bulls Eye reissue than any Dinky I have played.
    Custom Graphic ?? I have never seen it before.

My question to the JCF world is what pick ups does it have ?? ( j-1200 gain boost ?? )
    And any other info you can provide. thanks

Re: Custom Shop Dinky has landed !!!

Wow, That is a pretty cool axe dude! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Is that an 89 or 90? Looks great. Pickups are J-200 in neck and mid with probably a J-90 in the bridge. Most likely wired to the active JE-1200 midboost but could possibly be the JE-1000 envelope filter. You'll have to open the cavity to tell for sure. Fine axe, nice graphic, the neck takes the cake.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Wow! I wanted that one bad. When I e-mailed to buy it, it was already spoken for. Congrats. (we need a 'green with envy' smiley)
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I think it is a '91. I can't believe how clean it is. Not one ding or scratch. I ding my guitars just by taking them in and out of the cases [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

I'll pull the control cavity tonite and check it out.

Comment

Thanx for the kind words! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Glad to see it arrived safely. I'm sure you'll take better care of it than I would have! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That sure is one killer neck! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW! Killer Neck!
              Ray is the man! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Now I want a Dinky too... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by hammer:
                Fusion Style lower horn
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                When will people learn?!? That's not always an indication of a Fusion. Every Dinky I've ever had has that scallop on the lower horn. These misconceptions and rumors need to stop.

That being said, very nice Dinky! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn nice axe man!! Black sharkies on maple [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] ....or is it maypole... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That's a real beauty, for sure!
                    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

That is a very cool guitar! He did say Fusion style lower horn. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yo Toe, I did say fusion 'style'. I thought that style is most commonly found on fusions. I was not intentionally trying to spread mis-information [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I was just excited about my new axe [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] It seems a lot of people on this board, though, are under the impression that only Fusions have that type of horn, no matter how much Tekky or myself try to tell them.

I'm excited by your new axe, too! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OH MAN!! That is a NICE axe. If you ever decide to sell it...well you know the story. Enjoy it, it's a beaut. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

ditto...what they said! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X