Value? Soloist & Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value? Soloist & Dinky

Stumbled on a pr. of Jackson's for sale. Very clean trans black flametop Soloist, HH, Floyd, and an Ontario bolt-on, trans purple figured top w/natural binding, HSS, recessed Floyd, sharkfins, ebony board, slightly beat up. Both are priced at $799.00 ea. but I can probably get a package deal on the pair.

[ March 22, 2004, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Mr Graphic ]

Re: Value? Soloist & Dinky

If you can get them for under $1500 out the door, you're doing alright.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well, the breakdown is they'll take $699.00 for the DK1 which is very cool but has a few good digs and normal wear, $749.00 for the Soloist which is very clean, & $679.00 for a black 1986 San Dimas Strat, 1 HB, Floyd, in good shape.

Comment

That's a very fair price for a clean Soloist and not bad at all on the '86 Strat (but don't expect to flip either for a profit any time soon). The DK1 seems a little high, particularly given that it's a bit dinged up.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Make sure that its a USA soloist!!! If its an SL4 (Japanese) then its not a good deal. If it doesn't say Made in USA on the headstock, don't bite!

Comment

Mr. Graphic knows the difference, I assure you! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What I was really trying to accomplish was getting into the DK1 as cheap as possible, which meant buying both the DK1 and the Soloist, then flipping the Soloist, and keeping the DK1. Then a third guitar {San Dimas Jackson} got thrown in the mix. I'm going by there in a few hours, I'll report back.

Comment

Working...
              X