Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally ordered a Custom Shop SHREADDER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally ordered a Custom Shop SHREADDER!

Mannnn, am I psyched! I just placed my first Jackson Custom Shop order with Scott at Vwall Guitars. Check this out:

Soloist body w/Chlorine finish on a 1/8 inch quilted maple top (matching HS).
    Single EMG 81 w/single volume…Shrrrrread!
    OFR, Gold hardware
    Oiled Maple Speed Neck, Ebony FB w/Abalone Shark-fins
    Bound neck & HS w/ Abalone 80% Jackson logo

This is for some dealer promotion where only 12 are made in the run from the dealer’s specs. Then, if I understand correctly, this Custom Shop combination is retired or something (get with Scott for the details). Six dealers in all. Each dealer gets 2 guitars from the run, so, he will have another one just like this with a synchronous SN. I get a cert. & some swag with it also. His specs are almost exactly what I would order for myself.

He just got the first 2 in from the first run of the promotion. They are SLS with a Spalted Maple top…Sha-Wheat! Check it out on his website: Vwall Guitars
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Re: I finally ordered a Custom Shop SHREADDER!

Congrats Doug, that sounds AWESOME! Chlorine / gold HW / abalone is one of my favorite combinations!
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

OK, what is an 80% logo?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
        OK, what is an 80% logo?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jackson Logo less 20% of size... translates to (A Tad Smaller)

Man, I wish I had the dough right now.....
        That spalted maple has my name all over it....

Comment

OMFG [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I want a spalted SLS !!!!! That is beautiful !!!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds cool, but I'm not sure I like the idea of "retiring" a custom guitar. It runs counter to the whole spirit of Jackson. This isn't like a King Kelly or VVV, where they're a pain in the ass to make, it's just them trying to squeeze more money out of these guitars. I wonder if they would turn down a paying customer who wanted these spec in the future... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Sorry for my cynicism - I'm sure the guitar will be awesome.

Comment

Indeed, these are stunning guitars!
              (thanks for the plug, Doug) [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

These are the first Spalted Guitars I have had the pleasure to see as well.
              My jaw about hit the floor upon open the cases and seeing the beauties...

Brad: One's got your name on it if ya want.. I do extended layaways [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug:
                SHREADDER
                Shrrrrread!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Hey, Congrats on the guitar! Sounds wicked! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by vwall guitars:

These are the first Spalted Guitars I have had the pleasure to see as well.
                  My jaw about hit the floor upon open the cases and seeing the beauties...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm curious, how thick are the spalt caps?

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug:
                    Mannnn, am I psyched! I just placed my first Jackson Custom Shop order with Scott at Vwall Guitars. Check this out:

Soloist body w/Chlorine finish on a 1/8 inch quilted maple top (matching HS).
                    Single EMG 81 w/single volume…Shrrrrread!
                    OFR, Gold hardware
                    Oiled Maple Speed Neck, Ebony FB w/Abalone Shark-fins
                    Bound neck & HS w/ Abalone 80% Jackson logo

This is for some dealer promotion where only 12 are made in the run from the dealer’s specs. Then, if I understand correctly, this Custom Shop combination is retired or something (get with Scott for the details). Six dealers in all. Each dealer gets 2 guitars from the run, so, he will have another one just like this with a synchronous SN. I get a cert. & some swag with it also. His specs are almost exactly what I would order for myself.

He just got the first 2 in from the first run of the promotion. They are SLS with a Spalted Maple top…Sha-Wheat! Check it out on his website: Vwall Guitars
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Going to be hot, bro! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                      OK, what is an 80% logo?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, it's a smaller 4/5ths sized logo. Typically used on lefties or reverse pointy heads, so the logo looks more appropriately sized to the direction of the headstock.

Comment

I feel the 80% logo just doesn't cut it. It's a cheat way of not having to do it right and it makes the headstock look oversized.

If any of you guys saw the Firebird group photo I posted a while back, the 80% logo just doesn't do it. Robbin Crosby had the right sized logos when he had his guitars done which was 100%. It just makes a big difference, to me, in how the overall headstock looks and it just makes the reverse-headstock look so much better. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Now that I have completely ranted. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        On the subject at hand, those spalted-maple guitars look incredible. The natural wood guitars are just amazing. Congrats my friend....

Fish You Win [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X