Rory's $80 pawnshop score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rory\'s $80 pawnshop score

You know what it needs? Well, I'll TELL you what it needs......

LEMON OIL!!!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Yup, Lemon Oil and a Fred Flinstone sticker!

Comment

I would probably keep it too. I would do a "Steve Vai" barbeque with it and put some mineral oils on it and start some controlled fires on it to make it look like the "For the Love of God" Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperfuzz:
          Yup, Lemon Oil and a Fred Flinstone sticker!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That thing needs a few Fred Flintstone chewable vitamins! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rory:
            as for my Jackson being a piece of crap,an abused mutt,or anything else you guys have called it,it plays better than my "i-been-had",comes damn close to playing better than my Kramer,plays better than several Strats i've played,and well,she's got a faster than snot-on-glass neck.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's because the neck has been shaved so thin it's about to snap in half. It's only a matter of time...

Comment

With the big gaping hole in the back of the neck like that, I would be worried about getting big slivers in my hand. OUCH.
              Get a new neck dude. Oh, and a new body too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Ok guys,the first thing you need to know is that i wasn't pissed off...it just felt like you were raggin' the hell out of my guitar.
                so now i'm just gonna respond to as much of the rest of the stuff that's been said.
                the neck is NOT going to snap in half.if you read what i posted about it then you'd know that MOST of what you are seeing is wear on the neck.there is only about an inch of truss rod showing.as for getting splinters,it's smooth as glass.as for the pickups being crooked,i thought i posted that the middle one is FAKE.it's just the covers and ring,and covers being held in with duct tape. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                NOT my doing.
                as for the body being firewood,crap,scrap or whatever,it's not.i was able to get into touch with the guy who used to own it.it IS an actual '86 neck,the body has a new home and he doubts very highly that this guy would give it up.apparently,like most of us here,he's a Jackson freak.the body in question is none of the ones you have suggested. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] it is a custom made body,using the Dinky and an Ibanez as the models.it is 1972 aged cherry wood.has some really great tone to it.just unfortunate that he did some customizing of his own.
                He also told me he's getting back another Jackson,this one being a whole Jackson. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] and that he may sell it to me cheap.i believe he said it's grey in color.i'll know more in about 2 weeks.
                now on to the minneapolis guy....charvelguy was it? email me at roddin roddey at that yahoohooligan place.put jackson forum charvelguy in the subject line. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                and last but not least,i posted on the import charvel board all the info on that free charvel i picked up tonight(thurs) in case anyone's interested.
                thanks again guys.
                Rory

Comment

Working...
                X