Need some help please.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help please.......

Ok, I bought these metal backplates from ebay just for the hell of it because they were only $12 shipped. They are all upside down in the pic(why, who knows...) and they are in pretty decent shape except the rhoads plate has an added hole. Now my question is, what is the triangle shaped plate for? The rhoads is self explanatory and the long oval was used on rear routed V's and some Kelleys if I'm not mistaken. Now I know I've seen this triangle plate on something but I can't remember what it was. Anybody?
    plates

Thanks so much,
    Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: Need some help please.......

Warrior,no?

Comment

I guess it's possible but the ones I've seen on the warriors are more of an offset triangle(like the early charvel route but a little more squared off). Just another note, the triangle looks a little offset in the picture but it is indeed an isosceles triangle with the two angles at the bottom being even.

Thanks though!

Dave->
      Dave ->

Comment

That's not a Warrior plate...and unless they've changed designs over the years it's not from a KV, Kelly, Soloist, XTRR, Dinky, Fusion, or RR...I'm at a loss....

- Joel
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I went through my entire guitar picture database without any match. Hmmm... still thinking.. could be it's not from a Jackson at all. I'll get back here if my brain start working [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Henrik
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I think I figured it out, it looks alot like a Hamer back plate as found on the USA Hamers. So far I've seen them on the Double cutaways and the explorer Bass.

Thanks for your help anyway though [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
            Dave ->

Comment

Isn't that a heckuva lotta holes in that Rhoads guard? I'm too lazy to go look at my Rhoads; shouldn't there be just 3? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

V/T/3w toggle
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                Isn't that a heckuva lotta holes in that Rhoads guard? I'm too lazy to go look at my Rhoads; shouldn't there be just 3? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

V/T/3w toggle
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sure those are just camera flash reflections in the pics. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

The standard Rhoads pickguard actually has four holes. One for the switch and three pots. The master volume, master tone, and active boost was common. And sometimes they are wired so that each pickup has its own volume and then one master tone. But almost always three knobs and one switch, so four holes. Plus the screw holes! Tom has my old yellow Rhoads which was custom ordered with only two pots and the switch...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:

V/T/3w toggle
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, Joe is correct but I didn't want these for a rebuild. These are going to be used as templates and what better templates than the originals right? It looks as though someone had put a mini coil tap or a booster switch in it but yes, usually rhoads plates had 4 holes in them. BTW, I can't believe you actually had to go look at your rhoads to remember Ron, you must be getting old my friend..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
                    Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                      BTW, I can't believe you actually had to go look at your rhoads to remember Ron, you must be getting old my friend..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ha ha, Dave, I didn't even go look at my Rhoads! Otherwise I would've got the correct answer! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      Really, I haven't played it in a long time...I play the Soloist and the King V nowadays.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hello everyone.New guy here with a question.
                        I found my first Jackson in a pawnshop,and now I'd like to find out as much info as possible.I gave $80.00 w/Charvel case.
                        I've looked it up and found that it's a 1982,but so far that's all I know.What I'd really like to know,IF it's possible,is what color or paint scheme this guitar originally had from the factory in San Dimas.Because what it looks like now is someone puked paint on it. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Apparently someone decided to try and "marble" a paint job on it.
                        I'd also like to know what set-up it came with.It currently has 3 humbuckers,1 volume,5-postition blade switch,black Original Floyd Rose,black locking nut,and black tuners.The 3 humbuckers are actually 2,as the middle one is just the covers and are being held in by duct tape!AARRGGHH!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] So I'm not sure if it was factory or added later by the moron who puked the paint.Would it also be possible to find out what brand of pickups this came with originally?
                        One last note...as of this coming Thursday,I will be the proud owner of a Charvel.I don't know anything about it other than it's black and the guy said it was a little rusty and that it is FREE!! I'll post info on it as soon as I have it at home. If anyone would like to see a pick of the
                        [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] paint job,let me know and I'll post one.
                        Thanks,
                        Rory

Comment

Yup, pics are a must.

Comment

Originally posted by Rory:
                            I've looked it up and found that it's a 1982,but so far that's all I know.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">San Dimas Jackson from 82
                            [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Dude...I think you may be looking at the Charvel timeline/serial #'s....it is an easy thing to do

Post the actual ser ## and I'm sure somebody will be able to help you out more....

Comment

it says San Dimas right on the neckplate.
                              Serial # 1313.
                              let me see what i can do about posting some pics.
                              i'm tellin ya,it's a sad sad thing to see this once beautiful axe in such an abused state.
                              Rory

Comment

Working...
                              X