SLATQH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLATQH

I'm thinking of buying one of these and was hoping I could get some input from the forum. Anyone out there have one? Does the neck have the oil finish? Tone? Playability?

Thanks,
    Anthony

Re: SLATQH

Hey Anthony7,get in touch with tim krueger on this board.He just bought one and it is beautiful.I also think he may be selling it for a great price.

Comment

Yes mine is for sale. Thanks for the help Paul! Email me if you are interested. The one I have has a very nice top but does not have the oiled neck. I have also put EMG's in it which really warmed it up. THe EMG's fit well with the Mahogany body and neck.

Comment

I have one with an oiled neck, and it plays great! The mahogany neck and body has a really warm tone, but I switched out the Duncan custom 5 for a Duncan Distortion to get a little more bite and output. The only gripe I have is the gold hardware is flaking off after only 6 months on owning it.

Comment

I have four of these lovely works of art. All with oil finish on the necks. The playability is amazing! Tone is awesome but you can have fun experimenting with different pickups.

Comment

I have a Trans-Black one. Mine has the painted neck. Truly a sweet playing & sounding guitar.
            RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
            CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
            Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Hey Donnie, that flaking wasn't that bad. I mean you've played like twice right!?! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] It was a nice one, and like I told ya, one of if not the last of the oiled production necks. I've got 304 and it's oiled...now after I sanded off the finish! Love that thing, I've got a Rio Grande BBQ bucker and a prototype duncan custom 5 going in it this weekend with any luck. I just found some old filtertrons from a pawn shop down the street here. Scored em for 100$ with a guitar wrapped around em. POS gtr, killer pups, think I may drop those in my Jazz'r. sorry, side tracked...must be tired or drunk or both. Again?

Comment

hi everyone, this is my first post here.

im expecting my slatqh in the next few days
                cant wait lol, been waiting so long already.

have had pics through but not great ones, it is finished neck with bridge JB and neck Jazz.

just had to share my exitement in my first post.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

welcome, disassociative1. Glad you could make it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

VoodooBoy:
                      Hey Donnie, that flaking wasn't that bad. I mean you've played like twice right!?!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey KE, be nice or I'll send my hockey team down there to rough yours up! LOL! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      By the way, Kevin E. is the man when it comes to repairs!!!!! My SLATQH some of the frets and inlays were going crazy ( probably from the drastic change in climate from Colorado to Hawaii, I sent it to KE, and the man should be dubbed "The Miracle Worker". [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I owned a SLATQH with an oiled neck a few months back. IMHO it is the best production guitar Jackson has ever made. The MAH neck really sets it apart from the rest. It adds tons of warmth to the tone. However, I couldnt stand the oiled neck. It felt like sandpaper to me.... So I sold it. I ordered one (with a painted neck) last Nov., and it just came in. I should have it in my greedy little paws in less than a week.....Can't wait!
                        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

The inlays on my SLATQH (serial#Ja0298) lifted up also. I guess they mixed up a bad batch of epoxy on that day (too brittle, no give)
                          Any way this guitar ROCKS! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X